DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they agree. Our flagship product, eSignature, is the world’s #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from virtually anywhere, at any time. Today, more than a million customers and a billion users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people’s lives.
What you’ll do
The ServiceNow Developer’s primary responsibility will be the enablement of new modules, support enhancements, and the development of integrations that will leverage new and existing platform APIs. This role will also be responsible for the development of scoped applications that can integrate between ServiceNow and other enterprise business systems.
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Sr. Director, ITSM.
- Develop and support the integration of 3rd party systems with ServiceNow
- Create and maintain API and data integrations between ServiceNow and other services
- Be a lead contributor on how ServiceNow can be used to integrate to new and existing technologies
- Develop scoped applications that will utilize all of the ServiceNow’s platform functionality
- Participate in creating and developing standards, best practices, support guidelines and procedures
- Schedule and verify ServiceNow instance clones
Remote:Employee is not required to be in or near an office frequentlyand works from a designated remote work location for the majority of thetime.
Positions at DocuSign are assigned a job designation of either In Office, Hybrid or Remote and are specific to the role/job. Preferred job designations are not guaranteed when changing positions within DocuSign. DocuSign reserves the right to change a position’s job designation depending on business needs and as permitted by local law.
What you bring
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with the development, configuration, implementation and support of production and non-production ServiceNow instances
- Experience with ServiceNow architecture and key modules, including Incident Management, Problem Management, Configuration Management, Change Management, Knowledge Management, or other ITSM application and Service Catalog or Service Portal
- Experience working with Web technologies such as HTML, CSS, SOAP, JSON, XML and Web Services
- Experience with both ITIL and ITSM disciplines
- Experience with the use and management of APIs
- Experience with infrastructure services spanning servers, storage, network, security, and cloud
- Knowledge of AI and ML capabilities
- Solid team player with a “can do” attitude
- Extremely organized with strong time-management skills
- Ability to contribute to and lead projects following Agile methodology
- Process and detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive
- Ability to deliver solutions to improve and automate complex and/or critical business processes
- Strong professional and interpersonal skills including creative problem solving, effective written and verbal communications, planned and organized coordination of cross functional teams, acute attention to detail and quality, and driven with the ability to self-manage
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute
- Ability to maintain stability under pressure and be flexible and willing to modify plans and behavior when necessary
- Ability to multitask across projects and initiatives and deliver according to time commitments
- ServiceNow Application Developer and System Administrator Certifications
Based on applicable legislation, the below details pay ranges in the following locations:
California: $130,500 – $208,050 base salary
Illinois and Colorado: $123,700 – $174,700 base salary
Washington and New York (including NYC metro area): $123,700 – $184,275 base salary
This role is also eligible for bonus, equity andbenefits.