We’re looking for an experienced SEO manager to set the strategy and execute it for our SEO growth channel. Our CEO comes from a SEO background and we here at Bonsai have written some playbooks on SEO. You can trust that we kind of know what we’re doing and definitely value that channel.
In this role, you will own the SEO channel. You will be responsible for developing a growth strategy that scales traffic and SEO revenue (at least 2X by the end of your first 12 months). Although you will be the only SEO expert in house to start (which means you will have to be hands on a few things), you will have a healthy budget that you can use to your discretion and build/manage your external team (agency, content creators, freelancers, backlinks, etc.) to start. Eventually (within 6-8 months if all goes well), you will start building your team internally.
We’re a small but experienced team of marketers, and you will work alongside two other senior marketing specialists (leading Paid and Affiliate) and for an experienced marketing leader. We’re focused, driven, agile, we iterate fast and we’re always willing to experiment (ever wanted to try an SEO acquisition?). We have clean and reliable data, at your fingertips (ever wanted to get answers fast, without having to log a ticket to your rev ops team?). Lastly, we’re remote first and have built a great async culture with as little meetings as possible… Yup, we did it.
We are looking for someone that is on top of its game, constantly learning (ideally by doing), pushing the limits and redefining what we know about SEO. You like to try new things but you’re focused and disciplined enough that you can implement predictable and well forecasted growth initiatives. If you’re ambitious, reliable, with proven results and a growth-mindset, this is the right opportunity for you! Join us on this truly unique opportunity and put your name on one of the greatest SEO stories in SaaS!
- You will put together a strategy for scaling SEO in 2023 and beyond:
Goal #1 : We can invest predictably in SEO because we have a strategy that is repeatable and scalable – 30% YoY SEO Leads Growth
Goal #2 : We have a clear strategy that includes 3-5 strategic initiatives every quarter, and you can map and sequence out the execution and business impact.
- You can build a team (external or internal) of experts that will help you achieve your goals. You can clearly articulate the resources you need to achieve those goals.
- You can clearly communicate SEO insights, translate that into recommended actions and influence executive decisions.
- You will meet your commitments at least 9 times out of 10 and you have a high follow through.
What will you do?
- Own the full content cycle, which includes ideation, keyword research, content planning, managing the content team and editors for content development, all the way to publishing.
- Keyword roadmapping & research – Build content plan for 3-6-12 months, identify 10x opportunities
- Improve performance of existing pages (onpage & offpage optimization) – You will be tasked to design a process to preserve our existing KW rankings, make improvements to our SEO pages and keep a track of important pages. You’ll keep a close eye on page speed, user intent, page structure, sitemap, site structure etc. and execute the changes yourself or set up the right resources to help.
- Analyze reports from SEO tools and dashboards and turn them into actionable insights. You will own things like SEO payback calculations and all important channel ratios (CAC ratio, LTV year 1, etc.) and use them to make decisions.
- Track, create and analyze reports and turn insights into actions: You’ll own the SEO program’s reporting, tracking key metrics like organic traffic, keyword rankings, and conversion rates. You will also use tools like Google Analytics, Excel, or Tableau to create and present clear, concise insights and action plans to the leadership team.
- Constantly improve our content creation and editing processes
- Proactively bring up new SEO initiatives and implement them
- Monitor our competitor’s SEO strategy and use it for inspiration
- Conversion Rate Optimisation of our existing SEO pages – You will find ways to improve conversions from our existing SEO pages, while balancing user intent.
- Lead our link-building program – You will manage our link-building agencies.
What are the requirements?
- At least 5 years managing B2C SEO (Must have)
- Deep knowledge of analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Mixpanel) and keyword research tools (e.g., Ahrefs) (Must have)
- Familiarity with content management systems for SEO. Bonus points if you’re familiar with Webflow (Must have)
- Up to date on the latest trends in SEO (Must have)
- You have managed a team before (Nice to have)
- Experience with B2B SaaS or Fintech (Nice to have)
- At least 1 year of full time remote work (Nice to have)
- You’ve worked for a larger SaaS business but also smaller start ups (Nice to have)
Who will thrive in this role?
- You’re a self-starter and entrepreneurial. You plan your week, month and year’s tasks in advance on your own and don’t require hand-holding with your work. You can put together a quarterly plan and you’re keen to learn more about how to set up a long term strategy.
- You are strong at prioritizing high impact initiatives: we have tons of pages, lots of different improvements that can be made, lots of keywords to try, lots of experiments to run.
- You’re proactive and regularly bring up new data backed ideas.
- You’re inherently inquisitive.
- You’re constantly looking at other software sites, listening to podcasts, subscribing to SEO newsletters, checking out product hunt etc.
- You know what great content looks like
- You’re disciplined with your time and can work autonomously
- You have a doer mindset: you’re very action oriented, you like and want to get your hands dirty.
- Industry leading compensation package — we know you will have a large impact on the company and we strive to compensate accordingly
- Remote-work option — work from anywhere, always!
- Visa sponsorship in Paris – if you would like to relocate and work in our Paris office
- All-expenses paid team retreats — our last retreat was in Portugal!
- Strong culture of work / life balance — it’s a marathon, not a sprint
- Complete internal transparency — everyone sees everything within the company