Forbes is looking for an organized and energetic Content Strategist to join the SEO team. The position, reporting into the Sr. Manager of SEO & Content Strategy, will work collaboratively with our Editors and Evergreen/Explainers desk across a variety of topics to focus on creating, maintaining and optimizing our evergreen and trending explainers content across the site to help grow our audience. As a member of the SEO team, you will have a strong voice in the quality and depth of the content we produce, which will directly serve the needs of our readers and drive positive business outcomes. In addition to joining a high-performing team, you would be joining a passionate and engaged culture that celebrates:
- Entrepreneurship: Freedom to innovate, identify new opportunities and take on responsibilities.
- Career Development: Coaching and mentorship, industry conference attendance opportunities.
- Work/life Balance: Hybrid/remote work policy, regular group social engagement, celebration of passion projects and side hustles, optional mindfulness sessions twice a month.
- Positivity: Emphasis on positive communication, transparency and team-building.
What You’ll Do:
- Identify new coverage opportunities by search trend analysis to identify gaps in emerging topics
- Perform trends research to identify and prioritize which stories and topics our editors and staff writers should cover/update to meet our readers’ needs in the moments they need the information most.
- Partner with our editorial team to strategize and create a robust evergreen content calendar to proactively anticipate seasonal trends with our readers’ questions in mind.
- Train our staff writers on how to optimize evergreen and timely explainer stories for search, honing in on the importance of page titles, headlines, internal links, and meta descriptions.
- Identify opportunities to keep content fresh and relevant, highlight problematic elements that potentially harm performance (e.g broken links in content)
- Perform keyword research to create thorough content briefs that align with SEO and editorial best practices .
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (technical or analytical field a plus)
- 1-3 years of experience in SEO; Publisher experience is a plus
- Experience conducting keyword research and Trends analysis with Google Trends as well as other tools to monitor real-time trends in news.
- A strong understanding of Google’s news algorithm and the key factors that can impact visibility in news search results.
- Strong communication skills.
- Well organized with a good eye for detail
- Team player with all-hands-on-deck attitude and an entrepreneurial mind-set.
- A willingness to experiment, iterate, innovate, and fail quickly.
The annual base salary range for this role is $80,000 – $100,000