At Amount we have a thriving culture and possess a truly entrepreneurial spirit. We value innovation and individual voices, we are committed to active inclusion and diversity, and we support each other’s growth. Most importantly, we’re always ready to hustle!
If you’re looking for a fast-paced environment and the opportunity to work #remote, come join an organization with visionary leadership and FinTech disruptors. With your help, we will continue to reinvent banking by helping our Amount platform partners innovate and digitize their banking products and services!
Learn more about our recent Series D Funding that happened in May! https://techcrunch.com/2021/05/17/amount-raises-99m-at-a-1b-valuation-to-help-banks-better-compete-with-fintechs/.
We are looking for an ambitious and self-driven Front-End Software Engineer to join our team. As a Front-End Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing elements that users see and interact with, making your role crucial for the success of our business.
What you’ll do at Amount
- Use React to build world-class single-page applications for our expanding financial platform
- Mentor and lead team members of varying skill levels
- Enable cross-functional teams within the front-end ecosystem
- Explore exciting new technologies like Progressive Web Apps
- Work with Design Tokens in Figma to abstract values out of design mockups
- Work with other engineers and technical product managers to write, test, and deploy your code safely and automatically to production
- Be a part of a strong culture of ownership, pragmatism, testing, teaching, but most importantly learning
What you might own:
- Amount’s Front-End Component library (FEC) built in React and Styled-Components
- Ensuring Accessibility Compliance (WCAG version 2.1 AA) while expanding on our current best practices
- Developing UI components in isolation for React using Storybook
Who you are:
- 3+ years experience of Web Development
- You have advanced knowledge of W3C Accessibility Guidelines
- You understand the intricacies of layout and semantic markup without reliance on frameworks
- Atomic Design, Responsive Web Design, and Mobile-First principles are an integral part of your workflow
- You enjoy working with Designers to take HTML and CSS assets and bring them to life with React and Styled-Components
- You care about performance and understanding the impacts on customers
- You are excited about refactoring and system design as we migrate to a service-based architecture and prepare for scaling and increasing data flow
- You are entrepreneurial, self-driven, and take pride in improving the experience of our customers
- You have strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts and enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise