Airbyte is the upcoming open-source standard for EL(T). We enable data teams to replicate data from applications, APIs, and databases to data warehouses, lakes, and other destinations. We believe only an open-source approach can solve the problem of data integration, as it enables us to cover the long tail of integrations while enabling teams to adapt pre-built connectors to their needs.
Within just 18 months, we’ve built 150+ connectors and we’ve had 9,000+ companies syncing data with us. We’ve raised $181M from some of the world’s top investors (Benchmark, Accel, Altimeter, Coatue, Y Combinator, etc.) and believe in product-led growth, where we build something awesome and let our product bring the users, rather than an outbound sales engine with cold calls.
As a Senior Technical Writer, you will report to the Head of Documentation and work closely with our product and engineering teams to provide the best developer experience on Airbyte’s Open Source and Cloud documentation. You will have the opportunity to build out world-class documentation visited by thousands of developers every day. You will leverage our active community to assess and improve the documentation and work closely with the community team to include other engaging formats in the documentation.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, and community members to create getting started guides, detailed how-to guides, reference and conceptual documentation.
- Review and edit documentation drafts contributed by engineers and community members.
- Evaluate and improve our existing documentation.
- Help define and direct the core documentation experience for each high-impact persona that engages with it, getting buy-in from product and engineering on the vision.
- Help build a system to assess and improve the documentation quality through metrics and community involvement.
- Work with support engineers and customer success managers to help drive customer engagement and adoption, which may include:
- Contributing to Knowledge Base articles and Community questions.
- Helping build out Troubleshooting references on our Discourse.
- Authoring and editing technical blog posts.
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years creating tutorials, how-to guides, conceptual documentation, and API and SDK reference documentation.
- Strong communication and cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Experience with Docs as Code model of documentation (Markdown, GitHub, Docusaurus).
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Share our values.
- Bonus: Exposure to data integration technologies.