We’re looking for a Senior Technical Support Engineer to help us make CockroachDB easy for our customers and open source users. While this is a remote role, you must be based in the US and in the PST-timezone.
- Provide extraordinary service for both our open source users and Enterprise customers across our various support channels: chat, forum, Github, and phone.
- Develop deep technical expertise in CRDB and accompanying technologies.
- Recognize patterns among user issues, and suggest ways to improve our product and offerings.
- Partner with our Documentation, Product, Sales, and Engineering teams to guide those improvements.
- Help develop and iterate on our support processes and systems.
In your first 30 days, you will have completed onboarding and have developed enough expertise to begin assisting users directly. During this time, you will familiarize yourself with CockroachDB, our customers, and our company.
After 3 months, you’ll be fully integrated into the team. You’ll be able to manage most issues from customers and will be able to contribute to improving the scope and quality of our offerings.
As our team and your expertise grow, you’ll begin mentoring and training new members of the team, developing and updating training and documentation to ensure that knowledge is not lost.
- 4-7 years of experience working in technical support at a software company.
- A passion for working with users directly and knowing how to adjust the tone and content of a message so it’s well received.
- A natural knack for collaboratively crafting solutions with users and colleagues.
- Excitement about working with a growing list of Enterprise customers and can provide the polish expected by Fortune 500 companies.
- A take-charge attitude where you can anticipate issues and ensure resolution to technical issues that come your way.
- Familiarity with, or are willing to learn about, the various technologies that make web-scale applications function.
- Experience creating order out of chaos, and are excited to tackle the unique challenges of teams face in their early stages.
- The ability to absorb information. You love getting into the weeds technically, but don’t let that distract you from achieving your end goals.
- You are a systems thinker and critical thinker with experience solving problems at their root cause.