FindHotel’s mission is to get every traveller in the world the best accommodation deal. We are the largest independent and proudly self-funded hotel booking platform in the world today. Since 2016, we have grown the team from 20 to 70 with plans to triple our headcount by the end of 2022.
Our ability to attract the best talent has a significant impact on the success of FindHotel and our future growth. We’re a passionate and diverse team of amazing humans who value and respect each other, spread between our HQ in Amsterdam and the various countries our remote folks work from. As a Senior Recruiter, you’ll have a unique chance to have a great impact on the further growth and success of FindHotel.
About the role:
- On average, you will hire 2 new team members per month across data, product, and engineering. They’ll come from different backgrounds and parts of the world, but share the same values.
- To attract top talent from all over the world you will use a variety of channels. On average, about one third of our candidates are sourced, another third are referred by our colleagues or via our network and the last third applies via the various channels we use to publish or spread our vacancies.
- To make sure we select the right candidates at the right time, you will work closely with the leadership team and the hiring managers. Based on the needs of the business you build and prioritise the pipeline proactively.
- During the selection process you’ll screen and interview candidates for motivation, cultural fit, attitude and general fit with the technical requirements of the role. While you set a high bar, you focus on strengths rather than weaknesses and you will actively eliminate bias from the process to ensure we are selecting the most talented individuals who share our work culture.
- To guarantee an optimal candidate experience, you’ll manage the candidate pipeline proactively and maintain close communication and a feedback loop with the candidates, from the very beginning of the hiring process until their onboarding
- Together, with your colleagues in the People Squad and the leadership team, you’ll constantly look for ways to improve the hiring process and to grow our recruitment capacity according to the business needs. Whether this means introducing new tools or channels, implementing creative new ways of working or adding more (internal or external) capacity; you look for solutions for challenges. You’ll optimize the processes for efficiency, quality of hires and an optimal experience for candidates and the hiring team
- To make sure we attract and select the best candidates, you initiate and manage recruitment-related projects. These could include: employer branding, diversity & inclusion, reducing hiring bias, etc.
Here is a summary of the key challenges for the recruitment team in the next months:
- Building a scalable and predictable hiring processes and managing recruitment capacity
- Training and mentoring colleagues from the people squad and hiring managers
- Improving our employer brand to enable us to reach our ambitious growth objectives
- Building and maintaining a smooth internal collaboration within the growing People Squad
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Solid experience recruiting tech roles in technology-driven businesses, where you owned the end-to-end recruitment process
- Experience working in an international environment, preferably in a (remote-friendly) start/scale-up
- Excellent knowledge of modern recruitment trends and tools
- Excellent communication and networking skills, ability to quickly gain trust from both hiring managers and candidates.
- Curiosity to understand the business, strategy and requirements of the teams, so you can be a true sparring partner for the leadership and hiring managers
- A result-driven attitude: you do what it takes to hire the right candidate and make sure you remove internal and external roadblocks along the way
- A creative approach: you are not afraid to try out new ways of working and to challenge the status quo
- Focus on quality (while keeping the right balance with the speed of hiring)
- Bonus points if you have a strong network in Amsterdam or surroundings, or in the industry.
Why join us now?
- We aim to help 10M customers book on FindHotel annually by 2023, up from 2M in the past 12 months. We do that using data, transparency & industry leading features.
- We grew the number of bookings by +100% Year-Over-Year both in 2018 and 2019, and even managed to thrive in Corona times by growing bookings by +40% in 2020. Now that the travel market is opening again we are rapidly accelerating our growth rate.
Do you want to know if FindHotel is the right place for you? Find out by reading our CEO’s blog post.
What we offer:
- Plenty of chances to learn and grow – you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, be part of a culture which promotes knowledge sharing, trust and transparency.
- A profitable company with fast growth and a massive scale opportunity, with a great team core built from years of investment. We are not a rocketship that was launched yesterday but a maturing organization that reached product-market-marketing fit and is beginning to enjoy economics of scale.
- A competitive compensation package + perks and benefits (including significant share appreciation rights).
- Flexible time off (take as many holidays as you need) and a chance to work remotely – we measure results, not time spent in the office.
- You will be part of a highly international team that enjoys work, eat & play together in one of Amsterdam best office locations.
- We value good food and offer catered lunches from various cuisines, great coffee, ice-cream in the fridge and the occasional bbq in our garden and company events in Amsterdam and abroad.
- A budget for your dream home office.
Blog posts worth reading
- See our other openings to get a better idea for the type of positions we are adding
- Read on our blog about our hiring process, onboarding process and who we are looking for at FindHotel
- Visit FindHotel to learn about the product we are building
- Read more about How FindHotel keeps on growing against the odds