The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
An overview of this role
What you’ll do
- Advises and coaches managers on complex Team Member Relations issues, including performance management.
- Investigates highly sensitive People issues, including: conducting team member interviews; analyzing data from various internal systems; composing investigation reports; making a recommendation based on the findings of the investigation, and proposing remedial next steps/actions.
- Coaches leaders through delicate, complex and often confidential work issues.
- Creates proactive programs designed to prevent workplace issues/concerns.
- Partners with Legal and PBP on the review and assessment of Team Member Relations cases as needed for added context.
- Provides critical input to the formation, consistent application, and revision of policies across GitLab as we continue to scale.
- Provides trend data and actionable feedback to legal, HRBP teams, and senior leaders to reduce overall risk in the organization.
- Regularly reviews policies, procedures and initiatives to ensure they align with applicable regulatory requirements as well as GitLabs’ Values.
What you’ll bring
- 8+ years of progressive investigatory or employee relations experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must exercise confidentiality and discretion in dealing with sensitive, complex and time sensitive employment matters.
- Experience supporting both the US and EMEA team members.
- Demonstrates empathy and facilitates conflict resolution situations.
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and intuitive sense of business acumen.
- Ability to execute tasks with attention to detail, reliability, and a relatively quick pace.
- Ability to interface and partner with stakeholders to achieve and influence results.
- Ability to use GitLab tools.
- Aligns with GitLabs values.
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.