We’re building the one-stop shop for creator finances.
Your favorite digital creators—the ones you follow every day on YouTube, Instagram, TikTok or Twitch—aren’t just extraordinarily talented personalities and community builders. They’re also businesses. That means they have business needs—managing revenues, expenses, savings, credit, banking. We’re building products that help creators spend less time worrying about finances so they can focus on creating.
Our team is looking for a Senior Tax Accountant to work directly with our clients, helping them scale their business finances, and create great relationships. We want an individual who has the ambition and experience to grow with Karat.
Life as a Senior Tax Accountant at Karat:
- Communicate and advise creators on various tax matters such as: choice of entity and tax classification, deductions + 199A, depreciation, state nexus, reasonable compensation, crypto investing.
- Prepare tax returns for creator companies and their owners using ProConnect Tax Online.
- Prepare and audit an accurate complete set of books and records for creator companies.
- Review tax returns, work papers, and documentation prepared by Junior Accountants for accuracy and completeness.
- Knowledgeable of S Corps, LLC’s, and being able to work with clients to help them understand the benefits.
- Devise, plan and execute complex tax strategies and research potential tax issues.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts such as bank balances or credit card balances to monthly statements.
- Run payroll for creator companies and their employees.
- Navigate in a fast-changing environment while showing high accountability and ownership.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree with major or minor relating to accounting.
- You have an active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Enrolled Agent (EA) license. You will be contacting tax authorities on behalf of your clients.
- 4+ years of experience at a small business CPA firm (or similar tax and accounting experience).
- Exceptional client facing experience and communication skills.
- Well-rounded expertise across tax, accounting, and payroll concepts for small businesses.
- Articulate complex tax concepts into simple explanations (ELI5) for non-finance personnel.
The base salary range for this role is between $85,000-$115,000.