This role will report to the Senior Manager of Strategic Finance under the Strategic Finance and FP&A team. This team is responsible for supporting the company’s strategic decision making through performing financial analyses, along with operational finance support, including planning and budgeting, supporting corporate development and investor relations.
About the Job
The Life360 Strategic Finance team is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to lead the Devices business, including the Tile and Jiobit product lines. You will be responsible for all areas related to budgeting, forecasting, strategic analysis, and long range planning for both the hardware and subscription facets of the product lines, along with department spend management.. You will play a leading role in helping drive strategic decisions for the business by translating strategy into financial impact. In addition to the strategic side, you will be involved in the operational tasks surrounding forecasting and planning and the day-to-day business operations to ensure the team is meeting annual targets and KPIs. This role will have a unique opportunity to work cross-functionally and use quantitative insights to guide better decision-making across the Devices organization.
The salary range for this position is $130,500 – $160,000. We take into consideration an individual’s background and experience in determining final salary- therefore, base pay offered may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation package includes a wide range of medical, dental, vision, financial, and other benefits, as well as equity.
What You’ll Do
- Be the primary finance partner to the overall Devices business, supporting the Sales, HW Operations, and Device Marketing teams
- Have the initiative to drive ongoing process improvements as well as implementation of automated systems
- Own the Revenue and COGs model for Devices and the end-to-end forecasting cycle for all metrics, including unit shipments down to revenue and contribution profit, through partnering with devices, operations, marketing, and accounting
- Own the Devices subscription revenue model that includes understanding how device sales impact subscriptions revenue over multiple years
- Partnering with marketing to track ROAS and drive acquisition spend efficiency
- Prepare monthly budget variance analysis and reporting packages to ensure the business is tracking close to quarterly budget targets
- Educate business partners on financial trade-offs between different business investments, while being able to make thoughtful judgment decisions during ambiguous situations
- Support the annual budgeting and planning process, as well as long range strategic planning initiatives
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting essential; MBA is a plus
- 5+ years of FP&A or corporate finance experience in technology, preferably experience with consumer goods, SaaS or consumer technology
- Ability to step up during ambiguous times and ready to take on new challenges while driving continuous improvement across finance
- Excellent financial modeling and analytical skills, being able to craft a story from the data
- Great communication skills and experience partnering across different functions and various levels in a company
- Advanced Excel skills are required. Experience with Netsuite, Adaptive, and data visualization tools (eg Tableau), is a plus.
- Self-starter, comfortable with working under pressure, and meeting deadlines with the ability to prioritize with limited guidance
- Team player and the ability to work collaboratively across different functions and effectively influence senior business partners
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking paired with intellectual curiosity and aptitude in picking up new technical skills
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans (100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Mental Wellness Program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental well being
- Flexible PTO, 13 company wide days off throughout the year & paid Holiday Shutdown
- Learning & Development programs
- Equipment, tools, and reimbursement support for a productive remote environment
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your preferred circle
- Free Tile Products
Our company’s mission driven culture is guided by our shared values to create a trusted work environment where you can bring your authentic self to work and make a positive difference
- Be a Good Person – We have a team of high integrity people you can trust.
- Be Direct With Respect – We communicate directly, even when it’s hard.
- Members Over Metrics – We focus on building an exceptional experience for families.
- High Intensity High Impact – We do whatever it takes to get the job done.