Upsolver’s Senior Sales Engineers drive customer satisfaction with a solution-based approach and deep technical expertise in streaming, big data and cloud. A successful Sales Engineer is curious, self-motivated, and excels in cross-functional collaboration. The goal is to understand customer needs and challenges around streaming data and become a trusted valuable advisor. We are looking for a trusted adviser to our customers and prospects, who will spread the word of how to use Upsolver’s product
- Engage with prospects and customers through initial sales meetings, Product demos, POCs, on-boarding, and day-to-day use of the platform.
- Tailor big data solutions using Upsolver’s product, streaming platforms like Apache Kafka, and complimentary cloud platforms like Athena, Redshift etc..
- Address competitive analysis inquiries.
- Build content for blogs, documentation, videos, and any other assets that explains how to use the Upsolver platform to solve real-world use cases.
- Deep experience in big data and ideally the data engineering space is required. Strong knowledge of Hadoop, NoSQL, and cloud data warehousing are beneficial.
- Deep experience with cloud data services on AWS, Azure, or GCP is required.
- Deep experience in SQL/DB practices or background as a DBA – preferred.
- 2+ years of experience addressing customers’ needs in a pre-sales position with a high-velocity sales organization – preferred.
- Proven track record to run high-velocity activity, you are able to context switch easily, thrive when multitasking, fast pace is what you prefer.
- Comfortable with talking up and down the IT chain of command including directors, managers, architects, and developers.
- Familiarity with a full range of data engineering approaches, covering theoretical best practices and the technical applications of these methods.
- Work in a lean, highly collaborative team with a focus on getting things done.