Powering Trade For The Emerging Cannabis Industry
Distru is a software platform streamlining the supply chain for the cannabis industry. Many of the top cannabis brands and distributors in California use our software to manage their entire operation from source to sale. We are growing rapidly with over $1B in transactions per year passing through our platform and are in a unique position to redefine trade in the growing cannabis industry. Recently, we were funded by Felicis Ventures, Global Founders Capital, and Village Global who have funded companies such as Shopify, Cruise, HelloFresh, Facebook, Slack, Opendoor, Warby Parker, Gusto, and more.
We are an intrinsically motivated team that works without ego, is constantly learning, and solves real problems for the cannabis industry. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work closely with our other engineers and with our customers to shape and deliver impactful workflows in all areas of the product. You will take ownership over key features that will have our customers writing you personal “thank you” emails like this one:
“I can’t praise Distru enough, it’s head and shoulders above any platform I’ve encountered to date. Thank you for your persistence and providing us with the right tools.”
This is a full-time remote engineering role, but we are based in Oakland if you want to spend some time in person with some of the team.
- Be responsible for managing the development and timeline of mission critical features
- Proactively communicate progress with the entire Distru team and our customer
- Learn our customer workflows and the nuances that come with the Cannabis industry
- Design, build, and maintain the Distru product
- Debug production issues across the entire stack
Features you might work on
- Creating a planning calendar that our customers could use to plan our their manufacturing production schedules, detecting and alerting them of when they are under-resourced or understaffed
- Establish the mobile experience for delivery drivers to help distributors manage dispatch more efficiently and track deliveries in real time
- Building a financial ledger that tracks double-entry accounting
- Integrations with numerous 3rd party services including: Quickbooks, GPS Tracking, ERPs, Weight Scales
- Experience in modern tech stacks, we use Elixir, Postgres, GraphQL, React but we believe great engineers can learn anything!
- Previous experience working in early stage startups
- Previous experience fully owning a and delivering a feature end to end, with quality and predictability
- Previous experience writing high quality code with effective test coverage
- Previous experience defining timelines, and proactively communicating progress/updates with the rest of the team
- Ability to express complex involved logic through clean easy to understand code
- Ability to interact with stakeholders, and raise concerns about potentially harming aspects of a feature
- Significant previous experience with SQL databases (especially Postgres)
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Bonus: previous experience developing complex SaaS products (logistics, supply chain, accounting etc…)!
- Bonus: previous experience in Cannabis!
- Bonus: worked remotely, ideally on a distributed team!
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance fully covered
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock options with employee-friendly terms like early exercise and extended exercise windows
- 18 days paid time off, plus holidays (we want you to use these!)
- Working with world class (and famous) engineers day in day out!