The Delivery team is responsible for enhancements and maintenance of the core of Kevel’s main revenue stream – ad serving. The high throughput systems operate globally with low latency requirements, and the team strives for 100% uptime. This engineer will work with the team on modernizing the systems, improving reliability and robustness, while developing new features to gain new customers.
LOCATION: Remote – US or UK or Portugal. This position is 100% remote. Applicants located anywhere within the US, UK or Portugal are encouraged to apply. Applicants must be legally eligible to work within the United States, United Kingdom, or Portugal specifically.
COMPENSATION: The expected base salary compensation range for this position is $160,000-$210,000 USD for US applicants. Kevel uses external, third-party market data to develop specific compensation amounts, which differ based on location and based on the experience level of each individual candidate. We use a similar approach to develop a range for international applicants based on available country-specific data. The full compensation package includes all the additional benefits as described in the ‘Why you’ll love working with us’ section below. We also have a transparent ‘Total Rewards Philosophy’ we’d be happy to share with you which describes our overall approach to compensation and benefits in full detail!
If your compensation requirements fall outside of this range, we encourage you to contact our talent acquisition team at ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ to discuss other opportunities that may be better aligned with your experience level.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH:
- Evolve the ad decision pipeline, including balancing and pacing, indexing, filtering, selection, and budgeting.
- Improve the platform’s architectural qualities, helping ensure our foundation provides the scalability, reliability, security, and performance our global customers require.
- Work closely with the product management team to help design and build new features.
- Help provide operational oversight for the platform, making sure we are up and running 24/7.
- Work closely with our customer success teams to deliver value and drive growth.
SKILLS YOU’LL BRING WITH YOU:
- Experience building complex distributed systems designed specifically for the cloud.
- Amazon Web Services experience, including EC2, S3, DynamoDB, RDS, Kinesis, EFS, Redshift, SQS, Lambdas, CloudFormation
- Programming experience in functional languages or specifically experience with NodeJS or JVM (Clojure and/or Rust are a plus!)
- Experience working with database technologies, including transactions.
- Event stream processing experience.
- HTTP-based API experience.
- Monitoring and operations experience.
- Site Reliability Engineering experience.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US:
- Fully Remote Team: We are a 100% remote work environment with employees located around the world. You are welcome to work from home, one of our offices, a WeWork office, or an equivalent co-working space.
- Flexible Working Hours: We understand our employees have their own lives, responsibilities and working preferences. We trust our employees to communicate with their managers, and work when they work best.
- Paid Health Benefits: 100% employer paid health benefits for you and your entire family.
- Savings opportunity for the Future: Kevel offers retirement savings plans with employer contributions so employees can save toward future financial objectives.
- Rest and Relaxation: Unlimited personal time off – and we mean it! We trust our employees to take the time they need, whenever they need it. We also offer Paid Holidays + a Kevel Holiday Break (from 12/24 – 1/1 every year!)
- Home Office Stipend: You’ll receive a new windows or mac machine (your choice) + a $500 home office allowance to purchase what you need to set up your work space properly!
- Parental Leave Support: We support both primary and secondary caregivers with salary continuation and benefits when our employees are growing their families.
- Free press benefits: Kevel believes all employees should have access to legitimate news sources. You’ll receive a $300 annual allowance to subscribe to the news source of your choice.
- You’ll work with an award winning team! We’ve won numerous Best Places to Work Awards for several years and counting! We’ve also won many awards for our Innovation, Business Intelligence, and our best-in-class products (Software of the Year, Cloud Company of the Year, Best Ad Tech and API Innovator).
- Full transparency. We embrace transparency and encourage you to read more about what we value through our Company Constitution and Employee Bill of Rights, our About Kevel page, and Careers Page.