At CloserIQ, we are creating technologies to help companies build high performance teams and empower sustainable growth. Founded by engineers from MIT and Penn, we’re bootstrapped, profitable and have since worked with over 500+ global brands. We’re looking for our first engineering hire to accelerate our product development and build an engineering team around them. We’re open to candidates from anywhere in the world but prefer if your work hours have some overlap with EST time zone.
About the role
We’re looking for a product-oriented engineer passionate about delivering great user experience as much as solving technical challenges. Initially you’ll work directly with our CTO, own major components of our products and deliver features end to end. As we grow you’ll help us hire and lead future engineers.
You’ll be able to work on impactful projects across all of our products, from improving the matching algorithm in our CRM to designing a brand new app to enable users in our community to connect. Some of the technology in our stack includes Python, Flask, MySQL, Ansible, React, and Firebase. As a lean engineering team, we choose the best tool for the job, iterate quickly on features, and run the entire product development cycle with direct inputs from our users.
- Own delivery of major product features and improvements
- Collaborate with the business teams to shape product roadmap
- Lead code reviews to improve software quality and implement best practices
- Help recruit and mentor future engineers
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- 1+ years of full stack web development experience in Python or a similar object oriented language
- You have a deep understanding of modern web technologies and ability to clean, well documented, and rigorously tested code
- Your work hours has some overlap with EST time zone (you can be anywhere in the world)
- Bonus if you have experience managing, leading or mentoring engineers
- Bonus if you have product experience
- Bonus if you have worked at an early stage startup