The goal of the Payments Team is to provide buyers and sellers everywhere with a friction-less payments experience on our platform. In just over five years, we have built a business with a truly global reach and operations in over 70 countries. This is a great opportunity for an engineer to own high impact initiatives on a high-volume, mission critical system.
We are in charge of building and maintaining our own global payments infrastructure, at all levels of the stack. We are responsible for the payments experience end to end; from the seamless checkout flow that allows customers around the world to purchase goods in their preferred methods, to the backend APIs and payment processor integrations.
We are looking for strong full-stack and back-end software engineers to join a small and nimble team, and help define and execute Wish’s strategy for global payments. The ideal candidate will combine solid engineering and product skills, and thrive in a fast-paced, iterative, and collaborative environment. You will tackle exciting technical challenges that come with scale (huge volumes of transactions, currencies, and methods to support) and have responsibility measured in billions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Have a critical role in building and maintaining our payments platform processing billions of dollars per year
- Manage all technical aspects of relationships with payment providers and integrate new payment methods into our payment platform
- Implement and deliver new payment features leading to higher checkout conversion
- Build reporting and monitoring tools to ensure the stability and security of the payments system
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of industry experience building data driven systems, but we do realize quality of experience is more important than actual years.
- Bonus: Experience integrating with payment service providers (e.g. Stripe, Adyen)
- Bonus: familiarity with our tech stack (Python, MongoDB, AWS, React.js)
- Bonus: Experience with A/B testing and ETL process