Are you a talented high caliber engineer looking to join a collaborative team where you can make a massive impact on growing business? Do you take pride in building great software using modern technologies? Are you looking to join and build a team that makes work fun?! Do you want to help build the future of streaming media in businesses? Engineering is a tight group in which everyone has an impact on the success of our company. If this sounds compelling, let’s talk.
The Rockbot team helps businesses, brands, and places succeed by empowering them to deliver better customer experiences and build stronger connections through media in real-world spaces. We are technologists, music lovers, and content creators all focused on producing the most amazing customer experience possible – and we’re having a great time doing it!
As a Mobile React Native developer on the team, you will help lead the development of iOS/Android React Native applications. Our ideal candidate is someone who continually strives to create functional applications for the user, while continuously looking for ways to make internal processes more efficient and functional. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with our Product teams to maintain and improve systems, processes, and product offerings.
We’re on a rocketship and expanding our business rapidly – reach out to jump aboard!
- Develop cross platform applications for iOS and Android using React Native
- Implement or assist backend engineers in implementing mobile REST API endpoints (Go)
- Work closely with product and design to implement new functionality and features
- Be a leading member of the mobile engineering team as you help grow it
- Identify, troubleshoot, and solve complex problems
- Ensuring quality and performance of the application to specifications
- Stay on top of new technologies and trends in the mobile space
- Continuously look for ways to improve what we’re doing and how we do it
- 5+ years of experience in React Native software development as well as experience working specifically on (iOS/Android) (3+ years)
- 2+ years of backend development experience (Golang or similar)
- Experience deploying/managing applications in Apple App Store/Google Play Store
- Experience designing and building RESTful APIs
- Experience with Objective-C, Swift, and Cocoa Touch
- Experience with iOS Frameworks such as Core Data and Core Animation
- Experience with Java, Kotlin, Gradle
- Experience working directly with design/product to build product requirements
Rockbot is the first streaming platform to seamlessly combine TV, Music, and Digital Signage into one simple interface enabling businesses of all sizes to easily control their guest experience. We power in-location media for dozens of industries such as fitness, retail, hotels, restaurants, major airports and SMBs everywhere. Rockbot is backed by Google Ventures, Detroit Ventures, Universal Music and other leading investors.
Rockbot takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location in the U.S. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Our base salary range for this position is $155,000 – 200,000. We consider your skills and experience, what similar jobs pay at companies of our size, and ensure fair pay among colleagues. In addition we are proud to offer additional perks and benefits that contribute and complete our total compensation package.