Wolfram, creator of Mathematica, Wolfram|Alpha and the Wolfram Language, has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer with a diverse skill set to join its Wolfram|Alpha Web R&D department. This position will entail collaborating with multiple teams to produce projects of varying sizes and levels of complexity. The ideal candidate will have experience working in legacy systems and be interested in migrations toward the Spring Boot framework, asynchronous patterns and containers deployed on Kubernetes.
- Maintaining legacy systems
- Converting aforementioned legacy systems to newer technologies, including using the Wolfram Language
- Holding architecture meetings with other developers and key stakeholders
- Driving and assisting legacy system releases until the transition is completed
- 5 years of experience in Java, Tomcat and MySQL
- Good understanding of microservice design patterns
- Expertise in Spring Boot, Kafka/RabbitMQ, Kubernetes and Redis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in computer science, engineering, math, physics or a related technical or quantitative field
- Experience with the Wolfram Language
- Experience with modern frontend frameworks, such as React, Next.js, etc.
Location: Remote (GMT+3 to GMT+6)