As a senior engineer on the team, you will be intimately involved in the architecture decisions that will shape this product. You live and breathe cloud services that require high availability and fast, consistent performance. You love working with the latest open source technologies, and can leverage your system design skills to make the right technical decisions on a system that needs to be bullet-proof.
Not only can you drive decisions among competing engineering trade-offs, your empathy with customers allows you to intuit innovative solutions for our customer problems. You will be working closely with product managers and designers to ensure we are building the right solution for our customers. You also enjoy mentoring other engineers, and love to be a hands-on teacher helping to up level the engineers around you.
Join us to work with a passionate, mission-driven group of folks who want to positively impact the lives of first responders and those that they serve.
What You’ll Do
Location: Remote anywhere in US or onsite in Seattle, WA or Scottsdale, AZ
- Lead engineering architecture design reviews
- Set a high technical bar for the team through code and architecture design reviews
- Mentoring engineers
- Working across teams with Product, Design, and Engineering to create integrated solutions that delight our customers
- Improve our Engineering process, including long-term thinking, sprint planning and stand-ups
- Building services that adhere to our high bar on availability and latency in this mission-critical space
- Working with the latest open source technologies
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 6+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience designing and delivering highly-available, scalable cloud-based systems
- Backend service experience in multiple, managed languages such as Java, Scala, Go, C#, or similar
- Experience working with SQL or NoSQL data stores
- Experience with Java, Golang or Scala programming is a plus
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Development Programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work. **
Axon is a total compensation company, meaning compensation is made up of base pay, bonus, and stock awards. The starting base pay for this role is between USD 120,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 210,000 in the highest geographic market. The on target earnings range for this role is between USD 150,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 380,000 in the highest geographic market.