Engineers at Wildbit are given a tremendous amount of autonomy to guide the technical direction of our products, but with great power comes great responsibility. 🕷️🕸️ The team holds themselves to a high standard for the reliability, maintainability, and usability of code they write and the systems they design — all in service of creating the best possible experience for customers. As such, engineers are encouraged to be product-minded, considering extensible design patterns to enable building the best solution for today, while planning ahead for future growth.
You will be a great fit for this role if you have a strong technical point of view that is coupled with pragmatism and an ability to execute, and you also have experience with modern JS ecosystem, React, and component-driven development. We’re a remote-first team that believes in the value of “deep work,” so you should be very comfortable with written forms of communication. We respect and care deeply about each other as individuals, so though we are seeking a self-motivated teammate, we’re also looking for someone who will support and encourage others to do their best work.
Ideally, you will have:
- Played a significant role in designing, building, and operating complex Rails applications, and have had to account for the scalability, reliability, and performance of those applications
- Experience with managed cloud infrastructure (eg. AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.) and developer tools for CI/CD, builds, containers, and testing
- Passion for guiding systems and software towards improved standards and practices. (We’re big fans of Twelve-Factor App.)
- (Nice to have) Familiarity with email-specific topics, such as SMTP, SPF, DKIM, DMARC, etc.
What you will be responsible for
- Designing and implementing software that strikes the right balance between delivering on business needs and delivering the quality of code you are proud to ship
- Guarding the health of our systems — you’ll be part of an on-call schedule and help mitigate system abuse by spammers
- Being a steward for developer standards, best practices, and quality
- Advocating for improving our developer tools and workflows
- Setting clear expectations around your work, knowing when to break down nebulous tasks into manageable parts, and communicating that to your teammates
- Being a partner to Customer Support, Product, and Design, and collaborating with those teams cross-functionally