Lambda’s GPU cloud is used by deep learning engineers at Stanford, Berkeley, and MIT. Lambda’s on-prem systems power research and engineering at Intel, Microsoft, Kaiser Permanente, major universities, and the Department of Defense.
If you’d like to build the world’s best deep learning cloud, join us.
What You’ll Do
- Build software for training models across hundreds of GPUs interconnected with state-of-the-art networking fabric
- Build core cloud features like VMs, VPCs, firewalls, distributed file systems within our data centers
- 8+ years of experience implementing business-critical product features from conception to launch using Python
- 8+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design of resilient, large scale distributed systems
- Strong understanding of public cloud features (e.g. SDN, block storage, distributed file systems, identity management)
- Strong understanding of Linux (e.g. networking, process management, security, virtualization, systemd).
- Strong engineering background – EECS preferred, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Physics
You will be successful in this role if you
- Have led and taken full ownership over large, ambiguous, cross team projects from conception to production
- Enjoy moving fast and making a large business impact
- Value working on a team of high performers that hold each other accountable
- Are a self-starter, curious, and not afraid to ask when in doubt
- Are a quick learner and enjoy learning new technologies
- Value working on a low ego team that emphasizes strong communication, collaboration, and getting to the right answer as a team
- Care deeply about well-tested code
- We offer generous cash & equity compensation
- Investors include Gradient Ventures, Google’s AI-focused venture fund
- We are experiencing extremely high demand for our systems, with quarter over quarter, year over year profitability
- Our research papers have been accepted into top machine learning and graphics conferences, including NeurIPS, ICCV, SIGGRAPH, and TOG
- We have a wildly talented team of 200, and growing fast
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Commuter/Work from home stipends
- 401k Plan with 2% company match
- Flexible Paid Time Off Plan that we all actually use
Salary Range Information
Based on market data and other factors, the salary range for this position is $185,000-$280,000. However, a salary higher or lower than this range may be appropriate for a candidate whose qualifications differ meaningfully from those listed in the job description.