Hello, we’re Knoetic (<-rhymes with “poetic” 😊) and we’ve raised over $50MM from EQT, Menlo, Accel, and 100s of angels (like Adam Grant) to shape the future of people analytics by building a “new brain” for Chief People Officers. Here’s how!
When these two sides come together, CPOs and their People Teams get a holistic view of what drives their people to come, stay, and feel valued at work. We’re building a platform unlike any other.
That’s where you come in!
We’re building a diverse team of people who can thrive in our culture. If you’re motivated to improve the work lives of millions of people as part of a deeply curious, ambitious, and collaborative team, we’d love for you to join us on this ride!
We’re looking for ambitious Senior Backend Software Engineers who loves to build intuitive and delightful products that solve high-impact problems for customers. You will help define and execute our visionary product roadmap. You will balance individual contribution, collaboration, and mentorship as you help fuel the growth of our incredible team and product. We hope this will be a transformational, career-defining opportunity for you (and for us)!
What you’ll do
Within your first week, you will:
- Onboard and learn more about the company’s mission, culture, and values. You’ll write a user manual and a Professional Development Plan outlining exactly how you want to grow professionally over the next 2-3 years.
- Understand Knoetic’s tech infrastructure at a very high level. We will pair you up with an onboarding buddy to help you get up to speed
- Deploy your first Pull Request to the production. We move fast! 🙂
Within your first month, you will:
- Participate in road mapping and architecture discussions
- Pair the program with talented, ambitious engineers in a highly-collaborative team
- Collaborate with our product manager and product designer to deliver a low/medium-sized project
At three months, you’ll be fully ramped! You will:
- Lead a complex project from inception to deployment and drive ambitious technical projects that immediately impact our users
- Identify, evaluate, and define improvements to the existing infrastructure and product
- Go above and beyond to deliver a project which is outside of your core team and expertise
- Lead a lunch and learn session on the topic of your choice 🙂
Who you are
- Experience with frameworks such as NodeJS and Typescript
- Proficiency working with AWS and Kubernetes
- Extensive knowledge of SQL databases
- Bonus: Experience with CubeJS
The key attributes we value in teammates:
- You like to win. You don’t want a trophy for effort, you want it for first place.
- You’re high IQ, intellectually curious, and intellectually humble. You’re not afraid to say, “I don’t know – but I’ll figure it out, fast.”
- You never say, “that’s not my job” – you take full ownership and responsibility over outcomes. You’re a force of nature that gets the job done no matter what it takes.
- You make everyone else on the team better. Your presence, positivity, and drive inspires others to step up their game. You put the company above your own wants.
- You’re known for your work ethic. You pride yourself on being one of the hardest-working person most people know.
- You’re constantly improving. You know there’s no such thing as perfection, and you’re always pushing yourself (and our company) to be better than you were yesterday.
- You’re just good: You’re honest, principled, smart, open to giving/receiving feedback, and focused on doing right for the company and doing right for the customer
- You want to join an incredibly ambitious team to build the #1 company in this space, without exception.
- You’re looking for an exciting opportunity at a rapidly scaling startup.
- Benefits (full medical/dental/vision insurance, learning budget, WFH stipend, 401k, etc.)
- We’re remote-friendly with a global team!
- Check out our careers page for the full rundown.