In the time it takes you to read this job description, RapidSOS will have handled ~1,380 emergencies.
At RapidSOS, we are committed to using technology to build a safer, stronger future and working together to save lives. We’re in an exciting phase of growth, welcoming new members from across the globe to our mission-driven, ambitious, and inclusive team. Our work is founded on our values of trust and safety, pioneering, urgency, and purpose over pride, all of which support a company culture where people can innovate, collaborate, grow, and, above all, make an impact. If that sounds like an exciting opportunity, we want to hear from you!
At RapidSOS, we are empowering safer, stronger communities with faster, data-driven emergency response. In partnership with public safety, RapidSOS created the world’s first intelligent safety platform that securely links life-saving data from 500+ million connected devices, apps and sensors and 90+ technology partners directly to RapidSOS Safety Agents, 911, and first responders globally. The platform is used by over 15,000+ first responder agencies and supports 165+ million emergencies each year. When people need help during an unsafe moment or an emergency, their connected device, home or building that is RapidSOS Ready, delivers essential data to the right place, when it matters most.
What this role is about:
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test, your primary responsibility will be to ensure the quality of our software prior to delivery to our users and partners. You’ll be working closely with other engineers, DevOps, and the product team to improve quality through tests across the entire product. You will develop, maintain, enhance and execute complex automated tests, pair with and educate other team members, and innovate to optimize quality across our products.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, build, and maintain an in-house automation framework (developed using Python) with a focus on increasing automated test coverage of code
- Interpret technical designs and functional specifications to design robust and high-quality automated solutions accordingly
- Plan, write, and execute automated tests for complex integrated systems supporting end-to-end verification
- Participate in system architecture reliability improvement such as performance testing, CI/CD, and more
- Analyze and create test standards/procedures along with building documentation
- Collaborate across the product and engineering teams to ensure quality during the software development life cycle
What we’re looking for in our ideal candidate:
- 5+ years experience designing and developing a testing automation framework / scripts using Pytest for web applications
- Proficient in programming in Python with experience applying those skills in test environments
- Experience building test automation for RESTful APIs and Web Services (ie. WebSocket) for cloud-based applications (AWS preferred)
- Strong knowledge of testing principles including unit tests, integration tests, E2E tests, performance testing and how they fit into the SDLC
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, Gitlab
- An organized self-starter with a growth-mindset who is excited to collaborate cross-functionally
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to quickly become proficient in new tools/technologies
Nice-to-have experience (but not required!):
- Has ideally come from a manual QA background and transitioned over to QA automation
- Strong experience in performance testing with k6
- Experience with Twilio Studio, Code Builders, Ansible
- Knowledge of telephony and Asterisk
What we offer:
- The chance to work with a passionate team on solving one of the largest challenges globally
- Competitive salary and benefits and equity participation
- A dynamic, flexible and fun start-up work environment with a highly talented team
If you’re curious to learn more about RapidSOS, you can check out https://rapidsos.com/blog/
Starting pay for a successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include experience, relevant skills, training, education, location, business needs, or market demands. The salary range for this role is $139,000 – $160,000. This role will also be eligible to receive equity options. #LI-Remote
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here: https://rapidsos.com/privacy/california/
RapidSOS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Interested in the role but you don’t meet 100% of the requirements? We’d love to hear from you! We encourage you to apply; we’d be excited to see if your unique skill set and experience could be a match.