Teleport is the market leader in Identity-Native Infrastructure Access Management. Every company must protect its critical computing infrastructure from hackers and other bad actors. The problem is that most rely on outdated access solutions that use passwords and other shared secrets which are #1 source of data breach. Teleport replaces these outdated access solutions with more secure identity, making the happy path for engineers the secure path. By replacing insecure shared secrets like passwords, keys and tokens with true identity based on biometrics and security modules, Teleport delivers phishing-proof zero trust for every engineer and service connected to a company’s global infrastructure.
Teleport is used by leading companies including Elastic, Snowflake, Doordash and NASDAQ and recently raised $110M at a $1.1B valuation in a funding round led by Bessemer Venture Partners with participation from Insight Partners, Kleiner Perkins and S28 Capital. We are headquartered in Oakland, California, but embrace a remote-first work culture for many roles.
We’re also proud of our numerous awards recognizing business and culture leadership including “Inc. 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Private Company”, “2022 Certified Great Place to Work” and Comparably’s 2022 “Best Company Culture; Best CEOs for Diversity; Best Perks & Benefits and Best Compensation” award.
At Teleport, we’re building the next generation access plane for securely accessing infrastructure with a modern approach to trust and security.
Teleport Cloud takes our traditionally open-source and enterprise access plane and provides a SaaS option for our customers to adopt.
As such, our team is building our production and software as a service infrastructure from scratch. We tackle the hard problems that allow our customers to trust us for secure and reliable access to their infrastructure.
Excellent security is table stakes; a security breach can also compromise our customer’s infrastructure. And we have to balance our security with remaining productive and ensuring we build a compelling product offering for our customers.
If you’re security-minded and live the production mindset, this role might be for you.
Here’s what the cloud team is currently focusing on:
- We are re-engineering the core teleport product to scale globally and optimize routing latency for teams distributed around the world
- Re-writing portions of the core Teleport product to enable our goals for the cloud product
- We are building out our monitoring and observability stack to alert us to production issues and minimize false positives so we can all get a good sleep at night
- We are constantly investing in our security posture, whether by red-teaming, security audits, better tooling, audit, and more
- We are investing in our automation to tackle and eliminate the highest toil activities
- And executing on traditional operation challenges, such as patching, scaling, backup and restore, disaster recovery, and more
- And investigating the outages and incidents our customers experience with our product
What to expect once you apply:
- We will send you a 20-30 minute SRE quiz.
- You will join a 30-minute intro call with our recruiting team, and we will walk you through the compensation, interview process and requirements.
- You will join a 45 minutes call with the hiring manager to walk through the interview challenges and answer questions about the interview, team, and company.
- You will go through a remote-friendly and challenging interview.
- The interview is a mix of an automation challenge and a simulated troubleshooting session.
Skills you’ll bring:
- Have strong experience in Linux systems, networking, containers, and troubleshooting.
- Have enough development experience to write scripts, automation, or lightweight programs or submit patches to the product codebase.
- Participate in on-call rotations, between 1/4 – 1/3 of the time.
- Operate in a team where sound security choices are critical
Have experience in or be willing to learn our preferred tooling:
- Golang for coding and automation (and possibly rust)
- Infrastructure as code using git, terraform, packer, etc.
- Kubernetes and Docker
- Grafana / Prometheus / Loki
- AWS Cloud
- And a slew of technologies and tools we haven’t chosen yet
Teleport is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.