What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why Procore is looking for an experienced Senior Security Engineer to join our journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Senior Security Engineer, you’ll be responsible for supporting the delivery, operating, and scaling of security capabilities across the organization. This role will act as a security expert within a growing, collaborative team in a cutting-edge construction tech company. Keep abreast of the latest technologies in a hands-on position that also provides a unique opportunity to shape our systems’ future direction and design. The ideal candidate is passionate about technology and the opportunity to play a foundational role in a new team, is self-motivated, and has great communication skills.
These positions will report to the Senior Manager of Security Engineering and have the opportunity to be located in our Carpinteria, CA headquarters, New York City, NY, or Austin, TX office. Remote candidates will be considered based on experience and with the expectation of occasional travel to these offices. We’re looking for people to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Operate and scale security capabilities across the organization, including supporting technical implementations, working cross-functionally with infrastructure, system, application, and architecture teams
- Develop innovative security controls to protect assets across a large and complex environment
- Administer a wide and interesting range of security platforms and systems
- Implement security orchestration and automation in support of security operations
- Consult with internal teams on architecture and system designs
- Support cross-team security initiatives
What we’re looking for:
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience, MS in Computer Science preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Security Engineering or a similar role
- Experience leading small and large initiatives with the ability to course-correct as needed
- Strong understanding of implementing a SIEM
- Solid understanding of NIST CSF and MITRE ATT&CK frameworks.
- Working ability to write scripts and automation. This includes parsing log data (i.e. RegEx, XML, etc.)
- You will need experience working with at least 7 of the following platforms and tools:
- Active Directory and Identity Providers
- Cloud (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Data Loss Preventions (ProofPoint, Symantec, Varonis, etc.)
- DNS Filtering and Web Proxies (Cisco, Zscaler, etc.)
- Docker Containers & Kubernetes
- Email Security (ProofPoint, Mimecast, etc.)
- Endpoint Detection & Response (Microsoft ATP, CrowdStrike, Carbon Black, etc.)
- Network Firewalls (Cisco, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, etc.)
- Privileged Access Management (PAM)
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Threat Intelligence Platform (TIP)
- Vulnerability Management (Tenable, Qualys, etc.)
- Web Application Firewalls (Cloudflare, Imperva, etc.)