Nerdy (NYSE: NRDY), the parent company of Varsity Tutors, is a leading platform for live online learning, with a mission to transform the way people learn through technology. The Company’s purpose-built proprietary platform leverages technology, including AI, to connect learners of all ages to experts, delivering superior value on both sides of the network. Nerdy’s comprehensive learning destination provides learning experiences across 3,000+ subjects and multiple formats—including one-on-one instruction, small group classes, large format group classes, and adaptive self-study. Nerdy’s flagship business, Varsity Tutors, is one of the nation’s largest platforms for live online tutoring and classes. Its solutions are available directly to students and consumers, as well as through schools and other institutions. Learn more about Nerdy at https://www.nerdy.com/.
- Completion of a 4-year bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of education/sales experience
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to coach, develop and motivate a team
- Experience developing sales plans and analyzing metrics
- Demonstrated ability to implement and train sales teams in strategic selling techniques
- Experience in hiring, developing, and managing a high-performing salesforce and sales managers
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work
- Ability to work evenings and weekends dependent upon schedule needs
- Hire and effectively onboard high-performing sales representatives
- Manage day-to-day performance of all sales team members and deliver performance reviews
- Monitor sales team performance through regular reporting and metrics analysis.
- Lead, mentor, and motivate a team of sales representatives to achieve sales targets and objectives.
- Develop and implement effective sales strategies to effectively tap into the educational market and meet revenue goals.
- Provide constructive feedback, coaching, and training to improve individual and team performance.
- Hit all performance targets for number of new clients, conversion rates, revenue and others as determined by company
- Assess and understand the needs of our clients and of our internal team
- Work with sales leadership to generate ideas for sales contests and motivational initiatives
- Lead and schedule weekly team meetings with groups of sales managers and sales consultants
- Embody company culture and maintain high employee engagement
- Ensure correct usage of CRM and other sales applications
- Train and ensure adherence to sales process
- Demonstrated ability to change behavior and drive results through coaching and performance management
Varsity Tutors Leadership Principles:
Relentless Focus on Customers * Comfort with Ambiguity * Ownership * Simplify * Intellectual Curiosity * Build Teams * Think Big * Insist on High Standards * Bias for Action * Build Trust * Go Deep * Have Conviction * Deliver Results * Are Right, a Lot
- 100% remote position within the United States
- Three-tier compensation package: Competitive base salary, variable compensation, and company equity (restricted stock units)
- Healthcare Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401k Company Matching Plan
- Maternity, Paternal, and Adoption Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Free Learning Membership for you and your household (1-1 tutoring hours, unlimited use of on-demand services, and access to our online classes)
- Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help transform how the world learns!
- Fun, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment with plenty of training and a feedback-rich culture