Insightly is looking for a top-notch Senior Sales Engineer (Sr SE) to join our energetic and world-class team. Sr SEs partner with sales teams to design creative solutions and deliver high-impact demos to technical and non-technical audiences. This individual should be comfortable with configuring multi-product solutions and delivering high-impact demos in a fast-paced working environment. The role would involve knowledge of APIs, SaaS integration and some scripting knowledge and we are open to professional services or a developer transitioning into a Sr SE role.
The Sr SE is expected to understand and synthesize Insightly’s platform capabilities from technical, functional, and business perspectives. Sr SEs survey business requirements, assist in developing winning sales strategies and deliver compelling solution demonstrations designed to communicate how Insightly will address customer business requirements using Insightly’s platform and technology. Successful candidates possess excellent technical and business skills.
The Sr SE is also a critical bridge between company departments including Customer Success, Product Management, Engineering and Marketing. The Sr SE has the unique opportunity to help influence and shape overall product vision and roadmap strategy.
- Discover and articulate the Insightly business value to decision-makers and key influencers.
- Create and deliver high customized demonstrations through storytelling, tailored to the business needs.
- Develop Proof of Concept integrations using the Insightly Platform, Amazon AWS/Lambda, and other cloud applications.
- Effectively communicate capabilities of products to business users while holding advanced technology discussions with technical audiences such as IT, Marketing, Sales, and CIOs/CTOs/Engineering Directors.
- Partner with Account Executives on solving challenges of prospective and existing customers using Insightly’s technology and products.
- Create scalable processes for the Sales Engineering team to improve internal operations.
- Mentor more junior Sales Engineers on the team.
- Work alongside Product Management to understand and communicate product capabilities and roadmaps.
- 4-5 years experience as a Sales Engineer or similar role at a SaaS-based company
- Excellent presentation, demonstration, and written communication skills
- Familiarity with programming/web development skills (HTML, NodeJS, Python, Java, C#, etc.)
- Strong knowledge and experience with building integrations using APIs and connector frameworks such as Zapier and Workato.
- Experience with Amazon Lambda programming platform is a plus
- Knowledge of Single Sign On (SSO) technology such as SAML 2.0, Active Directory, OAuth, Okta, 2FA
- Knowledge of APIs, REST, HTTP. Application Integration, SQL
- Experience with CRM, ERP, Marketing Automation or equivalent SaaS business applications
- Experience configuring software based on business requirements
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
The salary range for this role is $120,000 to $135,000 and final offers are determined using multiple factors including experience and level of expertise.