Who we are
DailyPay is the leader in the on-demand pay industry with an unrivaled technology platform, an unmatched list of blue-chip clients and an extensive list of industry awards. We are rewriting the invisible rules of finance by creating a new financial system. A financial system that is more equitable and inclusive, and benefits everyone. A financial system that enables workers to access their earned pay when they need it. We believe that money should move faster and smoother between employer and employee, between merchant and shopper, between financial institution and customer.
We are a mission-driven company hyper-focused on designing technology that can build a better financial system and future. It’s no wonder that we are growing at an extraordinary pace. Now we are looking for people who are as passionate as we are about reimagining how money moves. If you’re willing to define new rules, change systems and lives, come join us at DailyPay.
*DailyPay is officially recognized as a phenomenal place to work in the US!
The API team
We believe that APIs represent a special epicenter of any SAAS business. By building great APIs, we seek to unlock the full power of the DailyPay stack, inspire our partners with innovation potential, make the developer and user experiences delightful, and offer leadership to the business with a unique perspective—a perspective of precisely what happens at the boundary between the DailyPay engine and the outside world.
We are parents, pet lovers, programmers, campers, dressmakers and photographers, but we are united by a set of shared core values.
How you will make an impact
You’ll work alongside team members to deliver a high quality product, experimenting, learning, and adjusting as you go. Along your journey to help us continue to build a great team and deliver real business value, you’ll be responsible for:
- Designing, evaluating and building robust, secure and performance API features and capabilities.
- Refining code, so it is secure and optimized for scalability, maintainability, and availability.
- Promoting good practices.
- Coaching and mentoring engineers on technical practices and principles.
- Partnering with product, clients and engineers to understand the broader view and requirements to optimally break down problems.
- Collaborating with the team on refinement of stories and tasks.
- Solving problems that are called out to the team.
What you’ll bring to the team
Intelligent, motivated and thoughtful? Keep reading.
As a Senior Engineer on the API team you should have the following:
- Proficiency programming in Ruby languages
- At least 4 years developing, maintaining, testing and scaling web applications in an MVC framework.
- Experience and knowledge of architecture patterns including APIs, microservices, streaming, security and observability.
- Organized and focused, you see the big picture when it comes to designing, planning and delivering a feature from start to finish, whether as a team or independently.
- Taking pride in your work, you have experience applying strategies to deliver with quality in mind.
- Critical eye and a curious nature, you are able to methodically dig into and resolve problems.
If this opportunity excites you, we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the qualifications.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity for equity ownership
- Exceptional health, vision, and dental care
- Employee Resource Groups
- Fun company outings and events
- Unlimited books from Amazon
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K with company match