nsurance is something we don’t usually think about but benefit from every day. It’s a long-standing industry with a $7 trillion market size globally. Yet insurance is also one of the few remaining industries that technology and software haven’t disrupted yet. A major pain point is that building an insurance product (think about car insurance) is extremely difficult and time-consuming. After that, any further improvement also tends to share the same obstacles. Coalition is focused on addressing this problem by building a powerful, tech-forward insurance platform. By doing so, we’ll deliver tremendous value to our customers and ourselves. We’ll be able to be more efficient at 1) improving our existing insurance products; 2) launching new insurance products; 3) expanding into more markets.
As the Product Manager for Insurance Platform, you will own some of the most critical components of the platform, inspire customer love and have a material impact on business outcomes. You’ll identify key problems we tackle, get feedback from key stakeholders, prioritize features to plan a roadmap, and work across the company to build solutions. A good product manager thinks creatively, commiserates with their customers, and deeply comprehends the domain. A great product manager continually creates business value, delights customers, and improves company infrastructure to unlock faster development.
We expect a balance of constant incremental improvement for larger opportunities. When you find fundamental things that need attention, you’re willing to fix the root issue and invest in projects that benefit the company long term. You’ll steward your roadmap in a clear, consistent manner, and help everyone grasp what success looks like.
We’re vastly growing, so there is considerable opportunity to scale accountability with the company’s success.
Coalition’s culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we believe in our team members to take accountability, share ownership, and work for one another. Coalition operates in a regulated space (insurance), so in addition to efficiency and elegance, everything we do must be both secure and compliant, across multiple regulatory frameworks.
As the product owner for Insurance Platform at Coalition, you will:
- Be a companion for both external customers (policyholders, brokers, etc) and internal customers (other product & engineering teams, cross functional teams, etc). Identify their needs and pain points.
- Develop the goals, product strategy and roadmap for the insurance platform.
- Be a key stakeholder to improve our efficiency, which is one of the company level metrics.
- Work closely with engineering, design and other product managers to implement the roadmap.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to make sure we provide not only the premier product experience but also the finest customer service experience.
- Work closely with business innovators and other product heads to build out new insurance products in addition to cyber insurance.
- Work closely with business innovators and other product heads to aid in Coalition’s expansion out of North America.
Skill and Qualifications
- An adoration for technology and 5+ years of experience building software products for external customers
- Technically fluid. Solid experience in building technical platforms that drastically improve product development efficiency and quality.
- An ownership mentality; do what it takes to deliver great outcomes
- Strategically balance short-term and long-term development needs simultaneously
- Measured success in delivering on company goals
- A track record taking ideas all the way to shipping great products and customer benefits
- Spearhead proactively, through influence and acumen
- Equally practiced at being hands-on and sweating the details and at looking at the larger picture and driving the strategic vision
- Excellent communication techniques, especially written, for multiple audiences
- Willingness to step in to fill gaps and promote team success
- Recommended by team members and outside customers alike to deliver on what is promised
- Solid startup experience. Have experienced and thrived in a hypergrowth environment.
- Comfortable with change; rapid company growth needs and rewards flexibility
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- Coalition’s individual pay is determined on several factors, including but not limited to, location, level, skills and experience. The US base salary range for this full-time position is $130,000-$235,000, and your recruiter can share more on target salary for your location during the interview process.