About The Team
The Growth team is a cross-functional product team that connects over 1 million merchants to 100 million global users. We’re well-positioned to generate impact across the entire merchant funnel from awareness and acquisition to retention and referrals.
We frequently collaborate together by examining data to identify assumptions, brainstorming and ideating on potential experiments and testing them rigorously to improve overall business growth and merchant experience.
About The Role
The Growth Product Designer is an expert in growth methodologies who can own and grow the merchant funnel, lead by example, inspiring the next generation of digital product designers along the way.
The Senior Product Designer has:
- 5+ years of relevant growth design experience or working on two-sided marketplaces
- The ability to ideate products from scratch and improve features within a user-centered design process.
- Familiarity working cross functionally with Designers, Researchers, Data Scientists, Engineers, Content Strategists and Product Managers.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- A portfolio highlighting professional projects that demonstrate proficiency in building and optimizing digital products for revenue and user growth.
The Senior Product Designer is:
- This isn’t your first rodeo and you enjoy taking a hypothesis-driven approach to test your assumptions by conducting meaningful experiments.
- You take it even one step further, to measure the success of your outcomes by A/B testing conversion rates, funnel drop-offs, active engagement, revenue increase and more.
- Humanize data by stitching disparate data points together to form a structured user narrative.
- Explore new opportunities to expand our product by thinking outside the proverbial box. You understand that growth is designed, not hacked.
- Analytics software is as much a part of your toolkit as design software
- Your intellectual curiosity is foundational to your design process. You love learning about the business and product strategy to help you ideate new and exciting growth opportunities.
- Brainstorming and coming up with ideas is in your DNA. Better yet, collaborating with cross-functional partners to brainstorm new experiment ideas is what really makes you thrive.
- You’re completely comfortable with failed experiments. You know that you’re willing to be proven wrong on your ideas, but as long as you’re learning and iterating, you’ll always be winning and moving towards success.
- Ambiguity is a welcomed situation for you, since you know you have the curiosity and data-driven mindset to add clarity to the problems you’re solving.
- Demonstrate what great craftsmanship and execution can look like. Your work is a paragon of excellence that galvanizes other designers.
- Mentor and influence the next generation of designers. You are fully invested in their growth and take pride in watching them excel.
- Run experiments, collate results, and conduct share-outs to help the rest of the team make informed design decisions
A true user advocate.
- Optimize the user experience all the way from conversion and onboarding to long-term engagement and retention.
- Ensure that Wish users are prioritized during every phase of the design process in order to fulfill our mission of making affordable shopping accessible for everyone.
- Communicate the user experience with wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, or high fidelity prototypes.
A tight-knit community whose culture is chill, fun, and inclusive. We recognize that auto layout, the 8-pixel grid, and emojis are our friends, and use each of these regularly. Our virtual team bonding events include watching movies together, playing Telephone Pictionary, and a cocktail mixing workshop.
As a team of remote research-based designers, we leverage experiment results and insights to release new features and products that provide economic empowerment for 100 million users worldwide, and each designer has the opportunity to lead individual projects from ideation through execution.