Articulate is looking for a highly skilled senior product designer who loves to solve experience and design problems with the end-user in mind. If you’re a multi-talented individual who thinks about user experience, ui design, design systems, and solving for human needs holistically, you’ve come to the right place. For this position, ux experience, visual design chops, the ability to balance work across multiple features at once, and creative problem-solving capabilities are paramount.
As a member of our product design team, you’ll work closely with other product designers, stakeholders, and our engineering team to produce meaningful feature work. You’ll also contribute to our design systems, work on prototypes to bring ideas to life, test features you’ve built, mentor other designers, and function as a high impact contributor collaborating across a variety of SaaS products.
What you’ll do:
- Explore and solve design problems for a variety of SaaS products for our customers
- Analyze user and stakeholder feedback to identify problems and synthesize new, elegant solutions to solve pain points
- Develop a deep understanding of our products and assets, the competitive landscape, our users, and use this regularly in product decision-making and mentorship
- Craft efficient user flows, thoughtful wireframes, high-fidelity designs, prototypes, and pattern documentation with minimal supervision
- Take full responsibility of a feature set and execute cohesive, forward-thinking, and industry competitive design solutions from end-to-end with pixel-perfect UI deliverables with some supervision
- Create detailed design specs with all manner of states considered, well-annotated and ready for handoff to our product development team
- Support your designs with thoughtful prototypes and simple animations to demonstrate interactions and simulate new flows
- Drive cross-functional teams forward as you set up meetings and knock down priorities across multiple projects at one time
- Support feature development with thorough testing of new features, detailed bug reporting across all breakpoints, efficient guidance for dev and qa teams
- Meet with the design team and stakeholders regularly to discuss product design decisions and transform product insights into intuitive, user-friendly application features
- Identify new possible areas for collecting analytics and testing opportunities to improve new and existing features
- Assist with finding new design talent and guiding junior-mid level peers
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, HCI, or related field
- You are a well-rounded product designer with at least 4-7 years professional experience in fully responsive web environments
- You have successful prior experience in a product design role for an impressive consumer app, SaaS company, agency, or a remarkable product-focused portfolio
- Someone with a passion for amazing product design and an appreciation for elegant user experiences
- You have a deep understanding of and hands-on experience with modern UX design concepts and tools, as well as platform-specific constraints and guidelines
- You are full of creative ideas and capable of validating them through rapid prototyping and user testing
- You are a native visual language speaker, presenting ideas and concepts in a succinct and thoughtful manner
- A well-spoken, humble creator who can present ideas effectively
- A highly motivated individual who is self-directed and has high attention to detail and excellent followthrough
- An outstanding team contributor who can provide a thoughtful viewpoint on product design in a flexible and easygoing way—you are well-versed in giving and receiving feedback constructively
- You are resilient, reliable, and optimistic
- Expert in Figma, well-versed in Principle, Photoshop, Illustrator
The pay range for this position is $126,100 to $189,100 for all US locations. Articulate takes into consideration a wide range of factors that are utilized in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, qualifications and education, and other business and organizational needs. This position is also bonus eligible. Articulate also offers a robust suite of benefits, check out the website for a full list.
Articulate Global, LLC, is the leading SaaS provider of creator platforms for online workplace training. Founded by Adam Schwartz in 2002, Articulate provides creator tools and services that make it simple for enterprises and SMBs to develop, deliver, and analyze online workplace training that’s engaging and effective. Increasingly, organizations must reskill employees for ever-changing remote and hybrid work environments, create learning cultures that attract and retain employees in a tight labor market, and use training to build more equitable, empowering, and engaging workplaces. Articulate helps organizations address these critical business needs with its creator platform for workplace training. Articulate 360—a suite of creator tools for online courses—was named the 7th most-loved product in the world by TrustRadius in 2021. And Rise—an all-in-one online training system that makes online training easy to create, enjoyable to take, and simple to manage—is the first creator platform for SMBs and departments within the enterprise. Articulate has more than 118,000 customers in 170 countries and counts all 100 of the Fortune 100 companies as customers.
Named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces 2022 and a leader in building a human-centered organization, Articulate is guided by a commitment to provide the best value to customers, do right by employees, and create an equitable, empowering workplace for all. As a human-centered organization, we honor people’s humanity knowing that each person’s unique history, vulnerabilities, and social location inform how we show up with one another. We embrace our connectedness, aware that what we do and say impacts others. We give each other grace because we are all works in progress, learning and evolving every day. And we take responsibility for ourselves and are serious about our accountability to each other. In all we do, we strive to create an equitable, sustainable, and empowering workplace while we drive results for the business and make a positive impact in the world. Read more about our values here.
Articulate welcomes different voices and viewpoints and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, native language, pregnancy status, physical size, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position. (For information about Articulate’s privacy practices, please view our Privacy Notice)
As an organization, we participate in E-Verify.