We’re looking for intelligent, driven professionals to join our Merchant Pricing team. Merchant Pricing is a function within the broader Finance organization and is responsible for enabling efficient value exchange between merchants and consumers through innovative and strategic pricing solutions and building standard methodologies.
In this role, you will help Affirm scale up its merchant base and achieve profitability targets while managing risk and will collaborate with Commercial, Product, Engineering, Finance, Capital Markets, and internal risk teams. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally and drive forward recommendations.
What You’ll Do
- Draw insights from data and design and test new pricing and credit strategies for our top clients.
- Manage the profitability of the portfolio and be the owner of your vertical
- Drive execution by launching and leading cross-functional initiatives and projects
- Identify opportunities to improve current process and infrastructure
- Work with various cross-functional teams to assess, define, optimize and scale pricing opportunities for different markets
- Assist in new product formation and new markets exploration
- Conduct ad-hoc data analyses
- Manage external reporting and present to investors and stakeholders
What We Look For
- 3+ years of experience in an analytically-driven strategy role (credit, risk, management consulting, finance, analytics, etc.)
- A proactive leader that can seek out new opportunities, drive projects, navigate ambiguity and develop creative solutions with minimal guidance
- Ability to collaborate and influence across different teams in the organization
- Experience with SQL, Python, or other scripting languages
- Enough laziness to find a faster way to do your least favorite tasks
- Intelligence + Humility. Hubris is the fastest way to blow up a bank!
- Grit. Lots of grit. You’ll wear 7 hats and not love all of them
USA Pacific base pay range (CA, WA, NY, NJ, CT): $138,800 – $208,200
USA Sapphire base pay range (all other U.S. states): $124,900 – $187,300