The Festicket Group is a truly international team with 100+ people from over 20 different countries, and a growing community of over 5 million customers worldwide all passionate about changing the face of live event experiences. Our head office is in Camden, London, with a remote workforce across Leeds, Europe, Australia and North America.
Since 2012, we have provided a seamless service to discover and book tickets and travel packages for music festivals worldwide. The platform offers an end-to-end experience for music and festival lovers.
In eight years, we have become Europe’s largest music festival platform. We partner with over 4,000 festival, and event organisers across 40 different countries, such as Coachella, Tomorrowland, BST Hyde Park, Amnesia Ibiza to name but a few.
Since our acquisition in 2019 of the multi-award winning cashless POS platform Event Genius and the associated Ticket Arena portfolio which includes egTicketing, egMarketing, egTravel, egAccess and cashless payment technology, egPay. With these, we’re now able to provide 360 solutions that bring together technology and industry expertise to enable the best experience for organisers and fans alike.
We’re post Series-D funded, and backed by some of Europe’s largest VC funds giving us the resources and stability to realise our global ambitious growth plan.
We believe that our business should reflect the events and festivals we partner with. As such, we welcome applications from individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds. All we ask is that you have a passion for festivals and creating the best live experience for our organisers and fans.
Join us on our mission in transforming the way music fans discover, book tickets and travel packages for festivals around the world.
- We are looking for an experienced backend developer who specialises in PHP with experience leading teams and a passion for building great products with solid engineering practices using the latest technologies.
- You would be working as a lead developer providing guidance, technical oversight and general management to the backend developers working within our B2B focussed team who are responsible for the EventGenius and TicketArena products.
- You would be working closely with the product manager to drive the development of these products and help the team to deliver quality work as effectively as possible.
- You would also be working closely with the technical leads (Frontend, QA, DevOps) and the CTO to: define the working practices and technical direction of the engineering team, improve the productivity of the product teams, assist in solving complex engineering problems, onboard new developers and help upskill our current developers.
- You would also be expected, along with the other backend developers in your team, to drive improvements in the architecture of the EventGenius application for performance, scalability and robustness while making use of the latest technologies, reducing complexity, making development easier and ensuring quality.
You’re someone who’s smart, organised, motivated and gets things done. You want to work in a startup environment, because you like the idea of doing a bit of everything and taking ownership of what you work on. You have ideas about everything, and you’re not afraid to argue your point (while respecting everyone else’s of course). You’re constantly thinking “how can we do this better?”. You have the experience and aptitude to provide direction for other staff, to help develop less experienced developers and improve the team as a whole.
We believe in agile development processes and our teams are collaborative, product focussed, cross-functional units that are empowered to define their own work and organise themselves. We work incrementally and dedicate time to ensuring that our work is technically strong, using the latest tools and technologies where possible. We like to build fast, scalable, easily maintainable applications using whichever tools are right for the job. Most of all, we like to deliver! We believe in manageable chunks of work with continuous integration and delivery to enable fast shipping, so that we’re always making progress.
- 5+ years experience as a developer and 3+ years working with PHP
- Team lead experience
- Knowledge of SQL, RDBMSs (preferably Postgres) and database design
- Comfortable with the command line and fluent in git
- Experience setting up or working with CI/CD platforms
- Experience with Docker
- Have a computing or software engineering degree or applicable commercial engineering experience
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms would be beneficial
- It would be great if you’d had experience as a developer in the travel, music, e-commerce or ticketing industries before, but it’s not a requirement.
By joining us you will be part the fastest growing music / travel tech companies in Europe, where you will have ample opportunity for career progression as we continue to grow.
Benefits & Perks also include:
- 25 days holiday per annum
- 15 sick days per annum
- Festicket workplace pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel season ticket loan
- Opportunities to go to selected & partnered music festivals for free & all year round staff discount
- Extra day holiday for your birthday
- Value driven start-up culture