Dutchie is seeking a Senior Manager of Operations to support our payments business. Dutchie’s payment business is unique as it supports retailers (dispensaries) across two markets (US and Canada) that have different regulatory frameworks based on the federal and local laws related to Cannabis. Dutchie’s core payment products are integrated debit and credit capabilities in Canada and an ACH based product in the US. Dutchie will continue to build and introduce new products that meet a market’s needs and compliance requirements.
The Senior Manager of Operations will join a team committed to ensuring our dispensaries and consumers have a best-in-class experience with our payment products from initial launch through their relationship with Dutchie. The role will span all cross-functional teams including: marketing, analytics, product, legal, sales, and customer support (CS).
As a member of the Payments team, this individual will leverage their broad experience to solve problems and implement new programs and processes to deliver payments revenue. This individual will collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders, cross-functional teams, and external vendors.
What You’ll Do…
- Create, execute and influence other teams to drive top priority payments specific strategic initiatives. For example this could include partnering with cross-functional teams to develop a strategy and process for activation outreach or churn prevention for payment products. Once the program is in place you would develop analytics and tracking to ensure the program is or is not working and adjust accordingly.
- Develop, maintain and optimize internal processes for how the payments team works with cross-functional teams. This would include escalations from customer support, getting feedback from customers to the product team and asking for a payment expert to join sales calls.
- Creates and implements payment optimization strategies and processes in service to hitting our revenue goals. This could include project managing a new third party to handle the payment product onboarding process.
- Partner with the internal teams to create reporting to monitor the payment business. This includes pipeline tracking, customer service inquiries, customer support escalations and churn reporting.
- Identify ways to improve the team’s operational workflow and drive process improvements.
- Act as a bridge for smooth communication between the Payments team and other leaders across the organization. Build critical relationships for effective collaboration across the company to ensure strong alignment on both short and long-term strategy.
- Provide ad-hoc support and execution support on projects small to large; this could include mapping current processes, delivering an ad hoc analytics project, chasing down a customer escalation and more.
- Partner with the internal Enablement team to drive payments education for GTM teams.
What You Bring…
- Strong desire to get stuff done and drive the business forward individually and collectively as a team
- Strong desire to build and document processes, clarify roles and responsibilities to ensure we are a highly functional organization.
- You understand the scrappy nature of a start up and know what to build right now for scale as opposed to building a 100% automated solution that will come at a later stage.
- You have strong communication skills, as well as, change management and stakeholder management skills
- Growth mindset: You see out learning opportunities for yourself.
- Ability to work both independently with minimal guidance and cross-functionally with various teams.
- Knowledge and experience of commercial payments, the broader B2B payments market
- You possess excellent decision making skills. You have a proven track record of balancing the customer experience with the company’s financial needs. You communicate early and often and know when to escalate.
- Working with large amounts of data comes easy to you. You enjoy digging in, finding trends and making recommendations based on what you’re seeing. You are data-driven and outcome focused
- 8+ years in high-growth operations, technology or start up experience.
It’s a bonus if you…
- Have Payments experience
- Have your MBA
- Competitive Salary
- Full Benefits – Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible vacation and sick days
- Technology (hardware, software, reading materials, etc..) allowance