As a Senior Market Director, you’ll leverage your experience, successful track record, and relationships in the CPG industry to hunt and close new sales opportunities at the enterprise level. You’ll combine your deep knowledge of CPG manufacturers and retailers with our core value proposition and work closely with Marketing to target specific accounts, making your sales achievements predictable and repeatable.
While you’ll be responsible for hitting your sales number each year, you’ll collaborate heavily with a core team of Sales Execs, Account Managers, and Business Development Reps. While you won’t be expected to manage anyone directly in this role, you’ll always be happy to collaborate and help teammates win deals.
What You’ll Do
- Leverage your existing network of CPG industry leaders to open doors to new opportunities.
- Manage and execute sales outreach efforts (emails, calls, campaigns, etc.) to prospective customers directly and indirectly with our BDR team.
- Provide CPG industry knowledge & insight about ways of working and key themes to our BDR team to enable personalized outreach to increase the number of qualified meetings they book with CPG prospective customers.
- Conduct discovery/qualification, provide presentations, and perform software demos with prospective customer in the CPG & Retail space.
- Manage prospective customers in the sales funnel; ongoing collaboration with Pre-Sales Engineering to execute successful pilots of our software.
- Sales Pipeline Management; Maintenance of opportunities and activities in Salesforce CRM.
- Collaborate with leaders across Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and Product to provide valuable feedback from the market on how our platform is best used.
Who You Are
- A seasoned CPG industry veteran who understands the go-to-market motions of CPG manufacturers, brokers, and retailers; their data strategy; and the tech stack they use to manage their retail business.
- Understand the moving parts that need to come together to close complex enterprise-level software deals.
- Practice excellent discovery techniques and have a fully developed insight-selling & solution-based selling methodology.
- Realize products are just one of the elements that lead to a sale – Transactional selling just isn’t your jam.
- Are disciplined when it comes to structuring your time – You know that a career in sales can live well outside of 8 to 5, and you’re a pro when it comes to prioritizing both professional and personal time.
- Have an extremely high level of business acumen – specifically in the broader CPG industry. Regardless of the prospect, you’re able to put yourself in their shoes and help them understand the FORM business value.
- Have a history of setting big goals and strategically achieving them, both personally and professionally.
- Are a great speaker, but an even better listener – When prospects speak, they KNOW they are being heard.
- Are well-versed in Salesforce or other CRM tools.
- Are knowledgeable in multiple sales methodologies and can anticipate when various tactics will work better for different products or markets.
- Are an expert at your craft and continue to pursue educational opportunities to improve yourself.
- You appreciate and align with our company values.
- The annual starting salary for this position is between $110,000 – $125,000 depending on experience, plus a variable commission
- 100% employer-paid employee medical, dental, and vision
- Company-paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible vacation policy – take the time you need when you need it!
- Remote First Work Environment
- Promotions from within