Ethos is looking for a Senior Manager of Product Design to help build the world’s best, and most profitable, direct-to-consumer life insurance purchase experience. At Ethos, you will not only work with talented team-mates to build delightful experiences, but also raise the bar for UX design, company wide.
You should be a pioneer who is not afraid to experiment, invent, and occasionally fail. You should be energized by building from the ground up, designing moments and experiences that drive business value and make customers smile.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hold your team accountable for exceptionally high quality design work that drives outcomes for customers and the business. We expect most design critique to come from this candidate.
- For certain projects, play the role of an individual contributor. Partner with peers in Product, Copy, and Engineering to build stellar products.
- Lead UX Design hiring, and build a world-class design team to help Ethos fulfill our mission.
- Managing a team of designers by mentoring and creating growth opportunities for those on your team.
- Develop UX guiding principles to help agile teams operate quickly and autonomously, but maintain high design standards and consistency from ad to post-purchase.
- Define and optimize our process of going from consumer problem to MVP design, which includes initial concept design, user research, usability testing, and refinement. Coach IC designers to follow best practices.
- Refine our UX design career ladder to set clear expectations, hold team members accountable for high performance, and facilitate career growth.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 8+ years of UX design experience , with 5+ years experience leading or managing a design team
- 4+ years of direct-to-consumer design experience, driving conversion rate gains in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated mastery of beautiful and functional visual and interaction design, typography, and hierarchy. You are an exceptional individual contributor in addition to design leader
- Ability to excel at at high-level concepts, and show meticulous attention to detail
- Experience partnering with product and engineering peers to drive strategy, vision, and execution
- Experience attracting and hiring design talent
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders such as Brand to balance short- and long- term outcomes
- A portfolio of relevant design work, executed either by yourself or a team that you led, that conveys an ability to ship successful products that people love
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, visual); openness to collaboration, hearing different perspectives from team members, and driving towards the best outcome for customers and the business.
The US national base salary range for this full-time position is $130,000 – $217,000. O