Twilio is looking for a Manager who lives the Twilio Magic and has helped scale or mature a privacy governance program in a fast-growing publicly-traded technology company. Specifically, you have experience serving a diverse customer base, which includes both heavily-regulated and lightly-regulated businesses, individual developers and large multinational companies.
You are the right person for the role if you believe in the importance of data privacy, but also understand the practical obstacles of implementing those principles in a complex technological ecosystem in a fast-moving environment, have experience working cross-functionally to overcome those obstacles, and enjoy the challenge of it all.
- 8yrs+ of Professional Experience with significant privacy focus during this time; a CIPP, CIPM and/or CIPT certification(s).
- 3yrs+ people management, planning and evaluating department needs while establishing and driving to team goals.
- Experience driving cross functional privacy initiatives such as GDPR, CCPA or other compliance frameworks
- Experience completing and advising on DPIA’s and PIA’s for a highly technical business.
- Experience building and scaling a privacy vendor due diligence review program.
- Experience building and operationalizing training.
- Project management and process improvement experience.
- Work independently to partner with teams across different parts of the organization to conduct privacy impact assessments and guide the business in implementing good data privacy practices.
- Work collaboratively with business and technical teams to define and operationalize privacy governance requirements.
- Advocate for the business value of the privacy governance program to internal stakeholders and constituencies
- Strong ability to dig into PII & data flows from a technical perspective. Experience working for a US based fast paced, fast growing, public tech SaaS company.
As Sr. Manager, Privacy Governance, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER & DRAW THE OWL: Help build, manage and improve upon our Privacy Governance program. And, find innovative ways to improve and mature privacy governance processes that ensure we maintain high privacy standards while supporting and enabling the business.
- WRITE IT DOWN. Define and implement governance program policies and procedures, iterating to improve those processes and procedures over time.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Understand your internal “customer” groups’ business needs and privacy governance requirements and work with teams across the organization to guide scalable solutions to operationalize these requirements.
- Help your team achieve excellent performance and regularly assess your team’s ability to achieve performance goals and objectives such as productivity goals
- BE BOLD: Serve as an internal privacy subject matter expert and advocate for data privacy best practices.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Advise the business in a professional, ethical way regarding privacy.