As Senior Manager, People Business Partner you will act as a consultant and lead a team of Business Partners focused on Yelp’s Sales organizations. You will be responsible for providing People advice, executive support, insights and solutions to the leadership team to address business challenges and leader development. You will also engage in the development of your team of business partners.
For Organizational Effectiveness & Leadership Development, you will collaborate with business stakeholders to uncover and clearly articulate the root causes and gaps in organizational performance. You will conduct organizational planning activities and leadership assessments to grow the leadership bench and training opportunities. As a result, you will be able to advise on the development of key talent collaborating with Yelp’s Talent Development team, as necessary.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes. This is a full-time remote role based in the United States.
What you’ll do:
- You will establish a solid understanding of the business, build and expand relationships with organization leadership teams, and create close partnerships across People Team centers of excellence (COE’s)
- You will work in partnership with senior management to recommend, develop and implement programmatic approaches to address key people resource issues, including but not limited to: diversity and inclusion, employee engagement, performance management, recognition, organizational design and effectiveness, workforce planning, succession planning and change management
- You will provide proactive business insight through data analytics, research and benchmarking to inform and recommend solutions to enable business growth
- You will play a key change leadership role in the company’s transformation by reinforcing a culture of growth and innovation
- You will lead a team of strategic HR Business Partners
- You will lead key annual programs around operational and headcount planning, focal reviews and talent assessments, through collaboration and partnership with People Team Leadership and COEs
- You will understand rapidly changing work environments and cultures; must be confident and able to thrive in ambiguous and high growth environments, and be able to engage and drive value proactively
- You will help maintain a high-performance culture by coaching leadership teams to improve their effectiveness through organizational design and development
- You will solve problems and identify root causes of various complex issues and design quickly implementable solutions across geographies
What it takes to succeed:
- You have expert knowledge of HR theories, practices and principles as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management or Organizational Development.
- Strategic thinker – Partner with business leaders to implement solutions that pursue complex business challenges to address org issues and OKRs. Utilize data and other resources to proactively identify trends and recommend solutions to the business leaders.
- Financial acumen – Understand drivers of shareholder value and relevant business models, and how to translate these into appropriate management and People actions.
- People Operations acumen – Working knowledge of people management skills. Familiar with the end to end functions of People Ops including staffing, total rewards, and talent development. Understanding of the current legal, regulatory and governmental labor environment.
- Business insight – Understand organization’s business strategies. Aware of relevant external business competition, conditions and trends.
- Personal credibility – Consistently offer quality advice, counsel and insight. Maintain self-esteem and that of others while directly and constructively addressing issues. Create trust and mutual respect.
- Ability to maximize relationships, build trust, and communicate effectively is required to analyze people issues and provide information, direction and advice.
- Strong emotional intelligence, communication and presentation skills and the ability to work effectively and courteously with all levels of employees and management are required.
- Good planning, time management, prioritization, and organizational skills are critical. Able to meet multiple deadlines and challenging priorities within restricted timeframes is required. The ability to handle performance is also required. Superb communication skills, and ability to build relationships with client groups is important, and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a group setting, and understands when to bring in the right partners to get the job done efficiently and effectively.
- 10+ years of progressive People (HR) responsibility and experience required with 5+ years of experience leading teams of business partners
- Previous experience supporting both inside and outside sales organizations.
- Have passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement
What you’ll get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO (accrual begins on date of hire and increases with 2+ years of tenure thereafter), 12 paid holidays, plus one floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Work from home reimbursement
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Compensation range for this position is $128,000- $238,000 annually. You may also be offered a bonus and benefits.