We’re looking for a Senior Manager of Partnerships for mmhmm, our new streaming video presentation product. mmhmm is a new company from All Turtles that creates clear, compelling communications via video. mmhmm helps people create a unique personal video presence and beautifully share content in a variety of contexts, from remote work, to online learning, to virtual events, or even just socializing.
Since we’re just getting started, you’ll be helping grow and maintain our relationships with partners, in close collaboration with our Head of Community and Partnerships. You’ll leverage your experience in identifying opportunities and managing the prioritization and sequencing of partnerships. Your primary objective will be to help fuel growth and integration through relevant partners.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Identifying new partnership opportunities and leading exploratory discussions with prospective partners to determine fit.
- Develop template agreements and negotiate first-of-a-kind partnerships, including deal economics.
- Build and maintain alignment across legal, product, finance, and marketing teams to meet partner needs and partnerships goals.
- Ensure that our commitments in a partner relationship are delivered (e.g., marketing, data reporting, etc.) as well as follow-up on partner commitments by regularly checking in with partners on needs and expectations.
- Helping develop the partnership playbook to help internal teams clearly communicate and align on the purpose, objectives, and execution of priority partnerships, improving our team’s ability to coordinate cross-functionally.
Ideally, you’ll have:
- 5-7 years of working experience in strategic partnerships, business development, or consulting capacity.
- At least 3 years independently leading all aspects of a partner sourcing, including developing and delivering pitches, negotiations, and go-to-market partnership strategies.
- Experience executing partnerships with market leaders across media, software or hardware industries, and content distribution platforms (YouTube, Medium, and Twitch, for example).
- Deep media and creator domain expertise, working in or with category leaders.
- Extensive experience working collaboratively with product, finance, legal, and marketing teams.
- Strong familiarity with contractual terms and agreements including integration, licensing, and distribution frameworks.
- Experience using quantitative and qualitative analysis to drive consensus and collaboration with internal teams.
- A willingness to experiment with new approaches or tactics, and the humility to be critical about whether or not they’re successful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience building or working with financial models.
- Flexibility in a fast-paced environment, working as part of a small team.
The Senior Manager of Partnerships is a full-time, permanent position reporting to the Head of Community and Partnerships. This role is a remote position, and can be based in any location. Since our distributed team works primarily across US time zones, US-based applicants are preferred. We offer comprehensive insurance benefits to our employees and their qualifying dependents, in addition to flexible vacation, a 401(k), parental leave, and a suite of optional benefits and perks programs.