Possible radically, reinvented small-dollar loans to make them more affordable and effective in helping everyone improve their credit score and financial health. As our Senior Manager of User Researcher, you will be responsible for building out a team of user research specialists, who along with yourself, will partner with marketing, product, and engineering leadership to create a comprehensive user research program, focusing on both generative (opportunity and needs finding), and evaluative (comprehension and usability).
In regards to the user research team, in addition to hiring and developing the team members, you will be responsible for establishing practices and processes for producing actionable insights that inform, shape, and guide our products ensuring they reflect the needs and abilities of our customers.
The other two main areas of focus for this role will be: Establishing an ongoing, voice of the customer program that ensures there is a shared understanding and empathy for our customer’s access to the whole organization. (We are extremely customer-focused and are seeking an individual who can effectively enable everyone’s continual learning in regards to our customers and their evolving needs.) And second, planning and prioritizing product level research for our mobile app, products, services, and website, from needs finding and prioritization through usability and customer acceptance. The user research team will work side-by-side with our product managers and designers to craft end-to-end experiences that enable our customers to discover, understand, and achieve financial health and credit stability.
You must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. And, you must have strong domain knowledge of human perception, cognition, and problem-solving, as well as outstanding communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
- Work with stakeholders to translate the broader product strategy into an actionable, tactical research plan
- Influence the product roadmap and strategy
- Provide guidance to junior User Experience Researchers
- Advocate for the customer in key product/design decisions
- Know how to use a breadth of research tools to address a wide range of challenging product issues
- Own evaluative and/or generative research projects independently
- Effective at looking back over previous research from multiple sources (whether internal or external) and arrive at a point of view that informs the subject of discussion
- Make research results interactive
- Masters or Ph.D. in related fields (Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Human Factors, etc.
- 8+ years of combined relevant user research and usability experience in B2C, including, 3+ years managing a team of 2 or more user researchers
- Experience in both evaluative and generative research methods, workshop facilitation, quantitative research, and ethnographic/in situ observation
- Guide user researchers in designing and executing research projects, and communicating research results, to produce impactful customer insights
- Strong ability to take research results and convert them into prioritized, actionable recommendations
- Develop relationships with development and product management leaders
- Elevate customer insights to influence product strategy
- Successfully applied specialized knowledge of Human Factors/UCD research concepts and techniques to a broad range of consumer products and services
- Excellent time management skills, juggling multiple projects at once.
- Ability to collaborate actively & effectively on multidisciplinary teams
- Utilizes available internal/external resources to assist with various phases of research
- Recognized by others as an authority/professional resource in his/her area of expertise
- Knowledge of user experience best practices
- FinTech experience is a plus
We are a fast-growing, fully distributed, fintech startup that believes financial health is something everyone deserves, not just the affluent. We’re committed to empowering the underserved with tools to better their economic situation. We promise to be transparent, serve with kindness, be responsible, and hold ourselves accountable for creating positive change. Possible is backed by leading investors such as Union Square Ventures, Canvas Ventures, and FJ Labs.
Possible is fully distributed and has team members across the US and in Asia and Latin America. Our primary coordination hours are 9a to 3p Pacific Time.
Benefits (for US-based employees):
Joining an early-stage, venture-backed company does not mean you will sacrifice on benefits. We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage and pay 85% of employee premiums and 50% of eligible dependent premiums. We also offer childcare and healthcare FSAs; life and disability (short- and long-term) insurance; an Employee Assistant Program; and a 401(k) plan.