The Lead or Senior Product Designer will be a core member of our Product Design team as we elevate design at Thoropass. This individual has a passion for great product design, and is motivated to showcase this passion. They will demonstrate an ability to solve complex problems by executing simple, usable, and inclusive design solutions through a human centered practice. They will champion the voice of Thoropass’s customers by efficiently delivering quality solutions that simplify our customers’ path to data compliance.
The ideal candidate has experience delivering solutions with measurable success. They have an understanding of industry UX / UI best practices, ensuring quality design as we strive for consistent improvement. This person should be an effective and clear communicator, using data to convincingly support their decisions. Their process should be flexible with a bias for action with the ability to give and take meaningful feedback. They will work closely with our product and engineering partners to establish efficiencies, focusing effort where it matters most.
This role will be reporting directly to our Head of Design, and will partner with designers, product managers, and developers to skillfully execute our product design strategy throughout the product development life cycle.
What You’ll Do
- Empathize with Thoropass’s customers by driving solutions through a human-centered design practice, focusing on their journeys to solve pain points
- Execute journey maps, low-fidelity concepts, high-fidelity prototypes, and pixel-perfect development-ready designs that reflect our product design principles.
- Effectively present solution design with stakeholders, storytelling through data to drive outcomes
- Strengthen our delivery and collaboration process through documentation and specification
- Leverage our design system while championing it’s adherence to ensure design consistency across all products
- Contribute and strengthen our design system by engaging with peer designers to align visual and interaction standards
- Provide and receive meaningful feedback to ensure design quality and consistency
- Perform usability research to uncover pain points and validate design decisions
- Establish strategic cross-functional partnerships to uncover valuable customer insights
- Be a systems thinker to strategize how your decisions affect the broader product.
- 5+ years experience designing & shipping engaging user experiences
- Skill with a variety of methods to explore and convey ideas and concepts at the appropriate degrees of fidelity (e.g. storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc.)
- Proficiency designing for measurable outcomes including the ability to participate in both generative and evaluative user research,
- Confidence in using data to tell a customer story through design
- Ability to own design for a product area while ensuring consistency across the entire customer journey with a talented & diverse team of designers
- Experience building SaaS solutions and familiarity with Agile development processes
- Flexibility in process, balancing craft and speed
- Expertise with Figma and other industry standard design and research tools
- Ability to execute and collaborate in a distributed remote work environment
- Online portfolio that showcases skill as a product designer, while demonstrating how and why you arrived at your solutions
- Experience solving problems for customers of B2B SaaS products
- Understanding of global data compliance and the role it plays in emerging technology
- Collaborated with other designers to scale a design system
- Proficiency executing customer journey maps & service design flows
- The salary range for this position is $150,000 – $190,000 commensurate with experience
- Immediate access to healthcare, dental, and vision
- Early equity in a fast-growing company
- Remote or Hybrid work from home model
- Unlimited PTO
- Stipend for home office equipment
- Monthly wellness and home wifi stipend