About the Role
User Education at Abstract is about more than teaching designers how to use our products. Our goal is to help people be better designers. The User Education team has a strong voice and a large impact in shaping the future of Abstract’s vision for the future of design. We’re looking for a Senior Instructional Designer to round out the team.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for researching and creating Abstract’s user education resources, from user help documentation to video tutorials, guides, courses, and more. You’ll work with team members across the company – Support, Marketing, Sales, Engineering, Product, etc. – to develop user education strategies and materials and help Abstract users get the most out of our products.
- Research, plan, write, review, and publish User Education resources, including written documentation, images and infographics, video tutorials, webinars, and instructional courses.
- Coordinate with Product Management and Engineering to publish User Education resources simultaneously with feature releases in a continuous delivery environment.
- Advocate for the user and their educational experience throughout the design and development of product features.
- Coordinate with Customer Support, Marketing, and Sales to develop collateral for other teams.
- Experience developing user education materials for a SaaS product, such as written documentation, video tutorials, and instructional courses.
- Experience developing user education materials using structured content authoring principles.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously across teams.
- Stellar written communication skills, both externally (customer-facing) and internally (company-facing).
Bonus points for
- Familiarity with design tools (Figma, Sketch, Miro, etc.) and design principles
- Familiarity with Abstract
At Abstract, we offer resources that emphasize personal and familial wellbeing to all full-time employees. We provide up to 99% healthcare coverage, as well as dental, vision, and life insurance options. We offer 14 weeks of parental leave, an unlimited paid-time off policy, health care FSA, and are fully remote, allowing for a flexible working environment. Additional perks include dependent care, a budget to set up your home office, a monthly wellness and internet stipend, as well as mental & physical wellness services.
To help employees plan for the future, we offer competitive pay, access to financial services, and a 401(k).