Instrumentl is growing our team! We’re a profitable, YC-backed startup with over 2,700 nonprofit clients, from local homeless shelters to larger organizations like the San Diego Zoo. We are building the future of fundraising automation, helping nonprofits to discover, track and manage grants efficiently through our SaaS platform.
We are hiring a Senior Full Stack Engineer to help us build the right product for our customers quickly and strategically, while maintaining high code quality and standards. You will work closely with our Head of Engineering and partner with team members across design, product, content, and support functions, providing a best-in-class experience to every user.
Our small, distributed engineering team builds, scales, and improves our customer experience and in-house tooling from end to end. We’re accountable for the quality and reliability of our product, support, and data stack, and we believe in continuous improvement. As an engineer at Instrumentl, you’ll empower your teammates and customers to accelerate social progress and propel innovation.
The Instrumentl team is fully distributed (read: no office!). For this position, we are looking for someone who has significant overlap with Pacific Time Zone working hours.
What You’ll Do:
- Build, operate, and improve products for all of Instrumentl’s customers, from small, local nonprofits to large organizations.
- Create engaging, responsive interfaces and APIs that make the fundraising process truly enjoyable, driving our customer adoption and retention.
- Contribute high-quality, thoroughly tested code to create trustworthy user interfaces and resilient backend systems.
- Work side-by-side with our product and content teams to improve internal tools and processes, ensuring that our best-in-class product retains its crown.
- Own problems from end to end, managing complexity and engaging directly with stakeholders to develop short-term and long-term solutions.
- Be a strategic partner, thinking through everything from business impact to reliability and operability, to the pixel-perfection of individual customer interactions.
- Uphold Instrumentl’s high standards for product quality and mentor newer team members to do the same.
Who You Are:
- Experienced: you’ve been a software engineer for 5+ years – startup experience is a huge plus!
- Generalist: you enjoy working on front end, back end, infrastructure, data pipelines, or billing pipelines as needed.
- Collaborative: you thrive in an environment involving different functions, stakeholders, and subject matter experts.
- Methodical: you take pride in delivering projects from ideation to completion.
- Hungry: you’re on a mission to make an impact, and motivated by constant learning.
- Results-Driven: you have a history of executing in a fast-paced environment.
- Passionate: You’re excited about Instrumentl’s mission to propel nonprofits into a bigger, brighter future.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary ($120K-$160K/year) and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous PTO policy, including parental leave
- Company laptop + $500 to set up your home workstation
- Work with awesome nonprofits around the US. We partner with incredible organizations doing meaningful work, and you get to help power their success.
Why Join Instrumentl?
At Instrumentl, we are lucky to kick it everyday with some of the nicest people in the world. No joke, our customers are often on the front lines saving endangered species, restoring watersheds, and educating kids. In helping them take advantage of Instrumentl’s technology, you’re helping them move the world forward.
You’ll be the 20th member of our small but mighty team, playing a huge role in shaping our culture for the years and teammates to come.
Instrumentl is evolving rapidly. You’ll always have new challenges and opportunities to grow in your role – you won’t be bored!
At Instrumentl, we pride ourselves on building a diverse team from the ground up. Every role is an opportunity to teach, learn, and create some of your best work – if you’re excited to grow along with us, we encourage you to apply!