We’re looking for mindful, empathetic, and self-aware engineers to join our team to help us move thinking forward. With a strong focus on growth and personal development, Medium is the ideal place to develop your skills in an environment that is built on mutual trust and respect.
What will you do?
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Creator team, you’ll help engineer Medium’s one-of-a-kind writing and blogging ecosystem to make it the best home for creators to spread ideas worth reading. You’ll lead large projects, collaborate with engineers to set technical roadmaps, explore what’s possible with product and design, and help shape the processes of the team.
As a full stack engineer on this team, you’ll architect and build product features from the database all the way to the UI. You’ll collaborate closely with colleagues in design and product, and bring innovative and delightful designs to life. You’ll sweat the details and make things shine.
Who are you?
- You have 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- You have experience in planning and executing large projects.
- You are just as comfortable working on the backend as you are the frontend.
- You have experience in programming and interacting with APIs.
- You have experience building single page web applications.
- You are flexible, dedicated, and curious.
- You believe in the craft of software engineering, but are pragmatic when necessary.
- You draw inspiration from prior art, but are driven to innovate beyond it.
- You respectfully challenge your peers, and welcome being challenged.
- You are passionate about learning, and want to help us learn too.
We’d particularly love it if:
- You have experience with AWS(RDS, SQS, DynamoDB)
- You have experience working in a service-oriented or microservice architecture
- You have deep knowledge of API design principles and best-practices, caching, resiliency, RPC, REST, and HTTP