At Webflow, our mission is to bring development superpowers to everyone. Webflow is the leading visual development platform for building powerful websites without writing code. By combining modern web development technologies into one platform, Webflow enables people to build websites visually, saving engineering time, while clean code seamlessly generates in the background. From independent designers and creative agencies to Fortune 500 companies, millions worldwide use Webflow to be more nimble, creative, and collaborative. It’s the web, made better.
We’re looking for a seasoned Senior Frontend Engineer to help us enable third-party developers to create and distribute integrations that allow visual developers to easily design, launch and manage any website or web app on Webflow.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ, US Remote, or ON/BC, Canada
- Our cash compensation amount for this role ranges from $130,000 – $178,000 for most US locations and $144,000 – $198,000 for US locations with a higher cost of labor. All figures cited above are in $USD and pertain to workers located in the United States. Pay is based on several factors including market location, and may vary depending on job related experience, knowledge, qualifications, and skills.
As Senior Frontend Engineer, you’ll:
- Develop the underpinnings of our Designer Extension codebase, building the future of how third-party developers can interact with the Webflow Designer in a performant, secure and user-friendly manner
- Develop a deep understanding of our architecture and codebase while also learning about our product and the customers that use it
- Collaborate with software engineers, product managers, designers and QA analysts in an autonomous, supportive team environment
- Build and maintain unit and integration tests (Mocha, Jest, Cypress)
- Mentor other engineers on best practices, code design considerations, and quality
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
You’ll thrive in this role if you:
- Have 5+ years of experience in scalable, multi-tenant environments that drive rich front-end experiences.
- Excellent organization and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Have worked on complex issues where the analysis requires an in-depth knowledge of the company and existing architecture.
- Can debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Take pride in taking ownership and driving projects to business impact
- Proven experience building complex web systems.
- Are comfortable working in an agile, safe-to-fail environment
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Research shows that you could still be considered for a role if you meet just half of the role’s requirements.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Obsess over customer experience. We deeply understand what we’re building and who we’re building for and serving. We define the leading edge of what’s possible in our industry and deliver the future for our customers.
- Move with heartfelt urgency. We have a healthy relationship with impatience, channeling it thoughtfully to show up better and faster for our customers and for each other. Time is the most limited thing we have, and we make the most of every moment.
- Say the hard thing with care. Our best work often comes from intelligent debate, critique, and even difficult conversations. We speak our minds and don’t sugarcoat things — and we do so with respect, maturity, and care.
- Make your mark. We seek out new and unique ways to create meaningful impact, and we champion the same from our colleagues. We work as a team to get the job done, and we go out of our way to celebrate and reward those going above and beyond for our customers and our teammates.
Benefits & wellness
- Equity ownership (RSUs) in a growing, privately-owned company
- 100% employer-paid healthcare, vision, and dental insurance coverage for employees and dependents (US; full-time Canadian workers working 30+ hours per week), as well as Health Savings Account/Health Reimbursement Account, dependent on insurance plan selection. Employees also have voluntary insurance options, such as life, disability, hospital protection, accident, and critical illness
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for both birthing and non-birthing caregivers, as well as an additional 6-8 weeks of pregnancy disability for birthing parents to be used before child bonding leave. Employees also have access to family planning care and reimbursement
- Flexible PTO with an mandatory annual minimum of 10 days paid time off, and sabbatical program
- Access to mental wellness coaching, therapy, and Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly stipends to support health and wellness, as well as smart work, and annual stipends to support professional growth
- Professional career coaching, internal learning & development programs
- 401k plan and financial wellness benefits, like CPA or financial advisor coverage
- Commuter benefits for in-office workers