As a Senior Front-End Software Engineer, you will own the design, implementation, and maintenance of user interfaces that AKASA and our customers use to manage mission-critical medical billing for millions of patients. Your work will be used every day, all-day by medical and revenue-cycle professionals who train and review the output of AKASA’s market-leading ML algorithms.
AKASA is based in South San Francisco. As a company, we embraced remote work before COVID-19. We consider ourselves experts in working collaboratively wherever our team members reside.
What You’ll Do
- Build highly usable interfaces that applies machine learning algorithms to complex medical data
- Help specify and review APIs and system architecture
- Work with users to understand their pain points and implement tools that give them superpowers by both speeding up their work and improving accuracy
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in front-end programming
- Experience with ReactJS is required
- Strong visual design sense and an ability to empathize with users
- Nice to have: any backend experience with Python
What We Offer
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- Expansive coverage for health, dental, and vision
- Employer contribution to Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Generous parent leave policy
- Full employee coverage for life insurance
- Company-paid holidays
- 401(K) plan
- Based on market data and other factors, the salary range for this position is $180,000-$230,000 + Equity. However, a salary higher or lower than this range may be appropriate for a candidate whose qualifications differ meaningfully from those listed in the job description.