We seek to hire an experienced leader who, as a critical leader in our Customer Enablement team, will design, build, and develop our Customer Solutions team. This team will consist of technical and logistics Subject Matter Experts who engage with Global and Enterprise customers during the sales process to help them understand the technical and operational benefits of integrating with the Flexport Platform. This team will be critical in capturing customer requirements, setting customer expectations for the onboarding process, and transitioning onboarding to Customer Success teams. This global role is for builders and creative problem solvers who work unselfishly across Flexport organizations to serve our customers.
As a leader of these functions, you aim to create a best-in-class customer onboarding experience. You will play a central role in defining this new team’s role in sales activities and for onboarding simplification. Your operational, strategic, and project management expertise will enable scale, speed, and repeatability in all aspects of onboarding.
We seek a leader who can thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You should be comfortable with ambiguity and be able to lead your team through it with clarity and confidence. The ideal candidate should have experience navigating complex challenges and adapting to changing priorities while keeping their team focused.
- Build a team of technical and logistics Subject Matter Experts who engage with account teams to help Global and Enterprise customers understand the Flexport Platform and how Flexport supports them during onboarding and steady-state operations. Design these activities such that they build
- Partner with Sales teams to design and integrate technical sales activities into our selling methodology.
- Partner with the Sales Enablement team to design and deliver sales training for all Customer Solutions and Engineering activities.
- Design a system for monitoring the team’s performance, productivity, and sales impact. Implement improvements based on performance data and observations.
- Work with stakeholders across Flexport to refine onboarding project methodologies and implement process improvements to capture customer requirements. Your project leaders will track activities, manage risks and issues to resolution, and apply lessons learned to create scalable solutions that help us onboard customers faster.
- Create differentiated customer experiences by working with Marketing to engage customers, at Flexport and Industry events, on Supply Chain topics related to technology, innovation, and transformation.
- Quickly become an expert for the topics you own; become a thought leader for Flexport in one or more areas of expertise; guide the Flexport leadership team in making decisions.
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least four years of experience leading global teams in technical sales, designing sales motions and activities.
- At least six years of people management experience through the entire employee lifecycle of hiring, developing, and performance management across various disciplines.
- Demonstrated understanding of the sales process through operational management or direct involvement in sales activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) across a diverse set of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to self-organize and lead teams to meet goals and objectives.
- Experience leading large customer-facing initiatives with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience in process improvement and designing mechanisms in a scalable manner. Designing metrics and reporting systems to assess performance and proactively address challenges.
- Desired technical exposure: Salesforce, Cloud technologies and methodologies, major ERP software, Integration technologies and API (e.g., Mulesoft), EDI X12, Smartsheets/Asana or similar project management tools, Tableau or similar reporting tools.