The Senior Director, Commercial Strategy & Operations plays a critical leadership role within Pie. This individual is responsible for orchestrating go-to-market and customer operations vision for data-driven decision-making, leading process optimization initiatives, and directing the enablement team’s strategy. The Senior Director ensures alignment across the organization, driving revenue growth, enhancing customer experiences, and achieving operational excellence, while setting the strategic direction for the analytics, process improvement, and enablement functions to align with the company’s overarching goals and vision.
How You’ll Do It
Analytics & Insights: Optimize and align customer revenue-generating processes, accelerate revenue growth through data-driven insights and collaboration, and empower GTM teams to deliver exceptional customer experiences and operational results.
- Synthesize complex data sets to derive actionable insights, setting the direction for revenue growth and operational efficiency.
- Mentor and develop the team, ensuring a continuous focus on refining analytical methodologies and tools.
- Define and execute a path to self-service reporting and insights by partnering with data engineering teams to make improvements in data processes
- Write, review, and modify SQL queries and advanced excel functions to create insight in a discrepant data environment
- Build, monitor, and distribute BI (Looker) tools for agency sales and customer operations that aid in goal tracking, alerting, and execution.
Process Improvements: Work across the organization to improve the operational systems, processes, and practices in our business. Drive scale, operational efficiency, quality control, and cost optimization to maximize profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Spearhead the transformation of organizational processes, driving innovation and best practices adoption.
- Collaborate with departmental leaders to diagnose inefficiencies and develop streamlined processes, ensuring operational excellence and customer satisfaction.
- Establish metrics and KPIs to monitor the effectiveness of process improvement initiatives.
- Mentor and develop team members, ensuring a continuous focus on refining process and analytical methodologies and tools.
- Incentive Design – Create, manage and evolve incentive and commission structures to create a competitive advantage and differentiate Pie from competitors.
- Continuously monitor the ROI of enablement programs, adjusting as necessary to maximize impact and effectiveness.
- Set the strategic direction for the analytics, process improvement, and enablement functions, ensuring alignment with the company’s overarching goals and vision.
- Engage with the Pie Executive team and C-suite to communicate insights, progress, and challenges, ensuring executive buy-in and support.
- Foster cross-departmental collaboration to promote a unified approach to analytics, process improvements, and enablement.
- Hire, mentor and develop a strong Commercial Strategy & Operations team. Providing clear vision and direction to subsequent reports, leading them to successfully achieve team deliverables and organization objectives.
The Right Stuff
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Analytics, or a related field required. Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
- 10+ years experience in business or data analytics, process improvements, or a similar related field.
- 5+ years of leadership at a senior management level, with demonstrated success in leading data-driven transformation in a large organization. Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams and drive organizational alignment.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with experience engaging with executive teams and board members.
- Highly inquisitive and curious. Consciously reflect on how you can continuously raise the performance bar.
- Strong growth mindset: Challenge self to eagerly learn from their own and others’ mistakes. Seeks to understand consistently and is open to new information and change with a learning mindset. Demonstrates mastery in giving and receiving feedback in an open, clear and direct manner.
- Anticipate, analyze, and solve complex and nuanced problems by understanding and working on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple, often complex factors.
- Develop broader company strategy and translate it into multi-functional strategies. Strong ability to apply agile thinking by testing ideas and possible solutions and iterating based on findings before launching the full solution.
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Excel on a day-to-day basis, building analytics models, and tools for non-technical people to consume and use.
- Advanced skills using a data visualization tool (Looker, Tableau, etc) to build self service reports for executive consumption.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive cash compensation
- A piece of the pie (in the form of equity)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Future focused 401k match
- Generous parental and caregiver leave
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work