Teleport is the market leader in Identity-Native Infrastructure Access Management. Every company must protect its critical computing infrastructure from hackers and other bad actors. The problem is that most rely on outdated access solutions that use passwords and other shared secrets which are #1 source of data breach. Teleport replaces these outdated access solutions with more secure identity, making the happy path for engineers the secure path. By replacing insecure shared secrets like passwords, keys and tokens with true identity based on biometrics and security modules, Teleport delivers phishing-proof zero trust for every engineer and service connected to a company’s global infrastructure.
Teleport is used by leading companies including Elastic, Snowflake, Doordash and NASDAQ and recently raised $110M at a $1.1B valuation in a funding round led by Bessemer Venture Partners with participation from Insight Partners, Kleiner Perkins and S28 Capital. We are headquartered in Oakland, California, but embrace a remote-first work culture for many roles.
We’re also proud of our numerous awards recognizing business and culture leadership including “Inc. 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Private Company”, “2022 Certified Great Place to Work” and Comparably’s 2022 “Best Company Culture; Best CEOs for Diversity; Best Perks & Benefits and Best Compensation” award.
As a member of the engineering team, a Customer Reliability Engineer is responsible for providing technical assistance to customers who are implementing, operating, and maintaining our software solutions, on-prem or in the cloud. We are looking for engineers in Australia who can work remotely. This position reporting to our VP Engineering who is located in Oakland, CA.
If you join, you will be required to join in on-call emergency escalation support schedules alongside our engineering team members.
Teleport is our Identity-aware proxy that supports multiple protocols, including SSH, Kubernetes and PostgreSQL.
You will work directly with our customers to provide guidance and planning during onboarding, triage and debugging of technical issues, develop and maintain customer training programs, and assist the product team by capturing product feedback. Day to day, you will lead and participate in customer support interactions via ticket, chat, and video. As our company grows, and we launch new offerings, the requirements of this position may shift.
You should be comfortable with change and have an interest in continually learning and advancing your skill set.
What you’ll bring:
- Basic programming skills in Python or Golang.
- Strong understanding of modern deployment stack, including Ansible and Kubernetes.
- Hands on experience with one of the major public cloud providers; AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Strong Linux server administration skills.
- Exceptional server-side software troubleshooting, testing, and debugging skills.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide remote Technical Support to Teleport customers and partners.
- Take ownership of customer issues and see problems through to resolution.
- Independently diagnose and resolve problems in the Teleport product, as well as in the customer environment (e.g Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Author knowledge-base articles for customers and internal consumption, detailing the symptoms, cause, workaround and solutions of common and/or known issues.
- Work with Teleport Deveops team to recreate customer issues in the lab.
- Develop and enhance tools for analyzing logs, stats and performance data collected within Teleport.
- Contribute to the effective and efficient handling of all levels of technical support cases from basic user questions to issues requiring more in-depth technical and problem-solving skills.
- Design, define and document support processes, training and knowledge-base articles for customer and internal consumption.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers.
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues.
- Able to efficiently and effectively communicate with Customer and our internal Devops team in order to re-architecture complex customer environments.
- Participate in on-call
What to expect once you apply:
- We will send you a 30-50 minute SRE hacking/troubleshooting test that includes Python and Ansible coding challenges and multiple-choice questions related to Linux and Kubernetes.
- You will join 30 minute intro call and we will walk you through the compensation, interview process and requirements.
- You will join a live remote troubleshooting session simulation and try to find all issues we planted in a cloud infrastructure. This session takes up to 2.5 hours and is the final step of the interview. The setup includes Linux VMs on cloud with Etcd, Nginx and a set of networking, performance and system errors we introduced in the system.
We also offer equity compensation and a comprehensive list of benefits below:
401(k) Retirement Plan with matching employer contributions
Paid Time Off: 4 weeks
Sick Leave: 10 days
Paid leave: 12 weeks
Paid Holidays: 11 days
Medical, dental, vision, Long Term disability, and life insurance – PPO, HMO, FSA, EPO plans provided
Flexible expense benefit: $4.8k annual expense benefit for work related expenses
Teleport is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.