We’re looking for a Senior Content Designer who can work with product designers, developers, and user researchers on key features in our mobile and desktop apps. You’ll bring your writing skills as well as your UX know-how to craft intuitive flows with clear copy that helps our users get things done. You’ll join us in regular working sessions, share knowledge often, and help to continually improve our team processes.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and United States.
What you’ll do:
- Craft clear, helpful UX flows with human-centered copy
- Lead content design in key areas of 1Password
- Collaborate with design, research, and engineering regularly
- Make a real difference in our design to developer process
- Work with the UX research team on user testing
- Help to implement and maintain content design style guide standards
- Be a mentor and resource for junior content designers
- Contribute to team discussions, peer reviews, work processes, and our knowledge-sharing culture
What we’re looking for:
- A resume and content design portfolio
- 3+ years experience as a UX writer, content strategist, content designer, or whatever it may have been called at your company
- Experience working on desktop and mobile platforms
- History of working closely with developers
- Familiarity with user research, whether it was collaborating with researchers or running your own A/B tests
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking, time management, and organizational skills
- Collaborative, team-player mindset that looks for (and gives) feedback often
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Figma, our primary design tool
- Experience creating or regularly contributing to a style guide
- Experience working with globally distributed teams
What you can expect in the first month:
- Review the tools and platforms that 1Password uses, and familiarize yourself with the style and format of our created content.
- Take part in regular calls to discuss workflows and reviews with your team.
- Learn our brand guidelines and style guide.
- Begin to take on small design issues that will help you to learn and grow within the 1Password style.
- Get to know the designers, UX researcher, and key developers on the product team that you’ll embed in.
What you can expect by month 3:
- Speak with our customers and colleagues from other teams to understand more about our users.
- Set up regular calls with teammates to discuss projects and update stakeholders.
- Start to take ownership of the work within your area, such as a new feature or suggested changes.
- Be a mentor to junior designers, offer constructive feedback to peers, and continue to help others to grow and develop alongside you.
What you can expect by month 6:
- Operate as a key part of the content design team, leading content design in your area of 1Password and pushing the design forward to create a better product.
- Act as a resource to others in the product organization and be an advocate for content design.
- Improve our design to developer process within your focus area.
- Regularly contribute to our content design style guide.
“The content design team values flexibility, feedback, growth and humor. It’s a welcoming environment where teamwork and empathy are celebrated.” — Ebony Johnson, Junior Content Designer
“Feedback is at the heart of our content design process – both giving and taking – to make 1Password a better product for everyone.” — Ryan Dotson, Senior Content Designer
“The content design team thrives on collaboration, which is why we work hard to keep it a safe and supportive space.” — Sasha VanHoven, Content Design Manager
What we offer:
Along with joining a connected, inclusive and passionate community you will be eligible for the following:
– Remote-first environment with flexible working hours to accommodate work-life balance
– Competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and RRSP or 401K match program
– Employee Stock Options Program
– Flexible vacation and time off including additional personal and sick days
– Wellness programs, Employee Assistance Program and an annual wellness allowance
– Paid parental leave programs
– Professional development and peer recognition opportunities
– Company swag and a free family 1Password subscription (and a discount for friends!)