You are a talented and creative attorney who is passionate about working on sophisticated contracts. This job is for you if you enjoy a fast-paced environment and love giving high-fives (virtual ones) when a deal closes. You have supported large enterprise sales organizations before and enjoy understanding the business drivers behind a particular deal. You must have a zealous attention to detail, excellent judgment and writing skills, and be customer support focused when dealing with internal clients and external customers.
- J.D. with strong academic credentials and demonstrated record of success as a lawyer
- Member of local State Bar or eligible to register as Registered In-House Counsel
- 8+ years of commercial transactions experience with at least 5 years of negotiating complex technology transactions (e.g., XAAS)
- Experience supporting a large sales organization selling to an enterprise customer base (e.g., F500, G2000)
- Ability to structure, draft and negotiate a high volume and broad range of commercial contracts, including Master Services Agreements, Professional Services Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, etc.
- Proven ability to provide entrepreneurial, quick-thinking, pragmatic, business-oriented advice and recommendations that properly balances the legal risk and business reward
- Must be able to take complex legal concepts and explain them in a way that allows a non-lawyer to understand the issue and the associated risk
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to advocate for a position while maintaining a collaborative and open-minded approach
- Ability to triage a heavy workflow, setting appropriate expectations with internal clients and delivering results efficiently
- Good sense of humor, disdain for drama, interest for learning new things, and desire to get things done
As Senior Commercial Counsel, you will:
- BE AN OWNER: Take ownership of the drafting, review, negotiation, and management of a wide range of legal agreements. Advise Twilio’s internal clients on contract interpretation and negotiation. Champion Twilio’s mission, ethics and integrity by ensuring Twilio’s compliance policies are in practice and protect the company from risk, comply with all applicable local laws and regulations, and are in line with Twilio’s values.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Seek to understand the context of the positions of Twilio’s customers and the requests from Twilio’s internal clients. Strive to solve problems and address issues from their perspectives.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Assist with the development of policies and procedures, and standard template language to be used in contracts. Create processes and procedures to help support a rapidly growing, global business.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Constantly evaluate which matters and issues are most worthy or in need of your attention at any given time.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Train and advise contract specialists on the legal team on the preparation, negotiation and execution of form-based agreements.