About the opportunity
This role is a unique opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way to high-visibility, high-impact projects at a very exciting time for the company. Contentful is an innovative, high-growth, customer-focused company in a large and growing market. If you are a collaborative, energetic, self-managed professional with deep experience negotiating enterprise SaaS deals in a fast-paced environment, we would love to hear from you!
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to make an impact as we ramp to support Contentful’s rapidly expanding business. A significant part of the job will consist of reviewing, negotiating, and drafting agreements for sales transactions and supporting Contentful’s worldwide sales, customer experience, partnerships, and marketing, as well as supporting procurement across the company and new product expansion. This individual must be a self-motivated, solution-oriented team player with the ability to take a leadership role in identifying and resolving legal issues, drafting and negotiating contracts, and balancing legal and business concerns. Experience with issues pertaining to SaaS, data privacy, and cloud computing, including sales and support of products, procurement of tools and services, reseller and managed service provider programs, IP, commercial law, and revenue recognition is required. Candidates should work well in a fast-paced, challenging environment as part of a dynamic team of professionals and have the ability to communicate effectively in group settings and before senior management. This role will report directly to the VP, Deputy General Counsel, Go-To-Market.
What to expect?
- Work closely with the sales, customer experience, and partnerships teams on top strategic enterprise transactions that drive the company’s revenues
- Structure, negotiate, and close complex SaaS and commercial transactional agreements with a focus on outbound global agreements with enterprise customers and partners, such as master SaaS agreements, enterprise purchasing agreements, support agreements, data privacy agreements, partnership agreements, and reseller and managed service provider agreements
- Review and negotiate inbound vendor agreements
- As bandwidth permits, handle other issues and projects that arise in growing in-house legal departments
- Manage and prioritize multiple deals and agreements
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the field organization, deal desk, revenue operations, and other cross-functional internal stakeholders
- Develop and deliver playbooks, training, and other enablement assets on legal issues and contract processes
What you need to be successful?
- Juris Doctor Degree required from an ABA-accredited law school
- 13-15 years of SaaS and commercial technology transactions experience, preferably in-house with a successful, high-growth enterprise SaaS company
- Excellent negotiation skills with large enterprise companies and public sector
- Strong experience scaling sales and legal processes and policies for a rapidly growing organization
- Knowledge of worldwide data privacy regulations
- Exceptional tech savvy, organizational, project management, and prioritization skills
- Collaborative, highly responsive, and service-oriented attitude
- The ability to foster innovation and out of the box thinking
- The ability to execute strategically and tactically
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- The ability to work with a wide variety of people, at all levels in the organization, in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated commitment and alignment with our Contentful values