At Thrasio, we’re in building mode: block by block we’re working together to construct a great company. What does that look like? Everyone is a leader – we lean into opportunities, not titles. We expect everyone to behave and act like a leader. Our Leadership Principles inform the ways we work together to ensure the brands, products and services we offer truly delight our customers. Everyone is a builder – whether it’s gaining marketable new skills through project sprints outside of your own function, or standing up more efficient ways of work – we’re doing it from the ground up. Everyone belongs– a sense of belonging brings us all together. We operate as One Team.
The Senior Manager, Contract Manufacturing & Category Management in the Personal Care, Beauty, and Cosmetics division holds a pivotal role in driving comprehensive category leadership across various brands within the Thrasio portfolio. This entails the crucial task of defining and articulating a cohesive manufacturing strategy for the category, fostering and expanding strategic partnerships with global contract manufacturers, and delivering strategic financial and operational value throughout the organization. This position is instrumental in several critical business processes and necessitates extensive cross-functional collaboration with teams and regions. Moreover, it carries the responsibility of overseeing a significant annual spend of at least $50 million, with expectations of substantial growth in line with the organization’s aggressive expansion plans.
- Provide senior technical leadership for category strategy and planning.
- Utilize category mapping, global market analysis, cost benchmarking, contract manufacturing management, and strategic sourcing.
- Select and manage global contract manufacturing partnerships.
- Maintain an updated manufacturing strategy footprint.
- Establish quantitative category management frameworks.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Mergers & Acquisitions, Supply Chain, New Product Development, Brand Management, Quality Assurance, and Legal.
- Disseminate category plans across the organization.
- Develop and lead global sourcing strategies.
- Foster collaboration with the supplier base for cost, quality, and delivery improvements.
- Assess business functions in relation to global suppliers.
- Stay informed about industry certifications and regulations.
- Implement risk management practices to protect against supply interruptions and unforeseen risks.
- Conduct negotiations and finalize terms and conditions of supply agreements with selected suppliers.
What You Bring to the Party:
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing or chemical engineering is required. An MBA is a plus.
- 5-7 years’ experience in contract manufacturing of a wide range of regulated consumer products, including global manufacturing and private labeling within the personal care sector.
- 7 years of experience in a global leadership role managing global category and strategic sourcing teams for consumer products.
- Proven track record of developing and executing effective category and sourcing strategies in fast-paced, high-growth companies.
- Working knowledge of Intellectual Property matters.
- Strong analytical and communication skills are essential.
- A global citizen with exceptional people leadership skills across various organizational levels, functions, cultures, and geographies.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel internationally